Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't update Acrobat Pro 9.50 to 9.5.1

Apr 10, 2012 4:28 PM

Tags: #acrobat #install #9.5.1_update #9.5.1

Tried updating Acrobat Pro 9.5.0. to 9.5.1 through auto update and downloading the update. Both give an error to reinstall the app because something has changed since the last update. Something to do with plugins. Tried to repair Acrobat installation and remove Safari plugin also. Both don't work.

At this point I don't want to re-install Acrobat 9. I get the feeling i'm going to have more problems. Also why would I have to reinstall the program? What is that all about? This has happened before while trying to update a version and I get the failure and reinstall. Anyone have any suggestions.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 8:41 PM   in reply to micdim1

You could try creating a new account using the instructions here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404927.html. Update Acrobat from the new account and see if the patching works now.

Also, could you please provide the log files for the failing patch. To obtain the log , follow the following steps:

1.  Clear the contents of /user/library/adobe/logs folder

2. Open Console, located in the  Applications- > Utilities folder.

3. Update Acrobat to generate the error message.

4. Check the console for error messages and save console log file

5. Go to /user/library/adobe/logs and share the patch log file

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to micdim1

This is the same issue I'm having.  I can't even uninstall 9.5 and start from scratch.  I'm running OS X 10.4.7  Can you help?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to fab306138

So I strated from scratch and reinstalled the OSX and Adobe 9 pro and did the upgrade and have the same problem still.  Come on Adobe whats the solution!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 10:33 AM   in reply to fab306138

I am chiming in too.  I started from scratch installing OSX.8,  Installed Acrobat 9.0.0 Pro along with CS4.  Rebooted several times for unrelated reasons.  In Photoshop I updated all of CS4.  Each of the other applications in CS4 updated.  Acrobat did not.  So I manually chose the update file off of Adobe's downloads.

Used the AcroProUpd951_all.dmg to update.  The updater opened a window instructing me to "Please choose the copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro to update."  I go into the default "Application>Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro" folder, but it will not allow me to choose "Adobe Acrobat Pro.app". The app is greyed out.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 11:49 AM   in reply to QueryAll

"  Installed Acrobat 9.0.0...Used the AcroProUpd951_all.dmg to update"

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5357 ... "This update requires that Adobe Acrobat 9.5 is installed on your system. "

Similarly, 9.5 needs 9.4.6. And so on. Check the chain of requirements carefully. This is definitely why the auto-updater is preferable!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 2:05 PM   in reply to Test Screen Name

The frustrating thing is that in the help menu there is no auto update.   So I am forced to do it manually.  I am having problems finding the various .dmg files to update  9.1 9.2 on the adobe site.  Anyone have a direct link?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 2:43 PM   in reply to QueryAll

I found the link that contains a full list of MAC Acrobat Pro downloadable updates.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform= Mac

Thank you all, now to download all those files and run in sequential order.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to QueryAll

In Acrobat 9.0.0 I find Check for Updates last in the Help menu. It is last.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to Test Screen Name

There is no "Check for Updates" in the help menu on my Acrobat 9.0.0

Here is a screenshot, so just in case I am not looking in the right place.

ScreenShot.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 3:39 PM   in reply to QueryAll

To make it more agrivating, once I got to 9.3.2, the "Check for Updates" appeared in the help menu.  But as I am using OSX.8, its new security feature would not allow the update to run since it was from an unidentified developer.  Oh the misery of using outdated software with a up-to-date OS.

When I went to the folder Applications>Utilities>Adobe Utilities>Adove Updater5" and opened up the application manually, there were no new updates.

I also tried the folder "Applications>Utilities>Adobe Utilities>Adove Updater6" and this version of the updater said there were no new updates.

Well, it seems to have all worked out.  I downloaded 1.21GB consisting of 20 update files, ran them in sequential order.  So from 9.0.0 to 9.5.1 its finally done.

YEA

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points