Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can i author a DVD with multiple timelines so that "previous chapter" actually works?

Apr 10, 2012 9:09 PM

I am trying to burn a DVD with multiple short films. i used a timeline for each film and a playlist for the "play all" button that includes all timelines. Problem is when you press previous chapter it only takes you to the beginning of the current film youre watching, no amount of double or triple clicking back will work. How do I get around this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 11:04 PM   in reply to VidNoob

It is a frustration.

Put them all in one sequence in PR so you can put the movie in one Encore timeline.

Or buy a higher end system that allows scripting. (I think that works; perhaps with PGCEdit.)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to VidNoob

Why don't you just put all of your short films on one timeline next to each other, and create chapter markers at the beginning of each film to link to a menu screen?  This should allow you to press previous all the way to the very first film.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to paddyz123

I'm glad you mentioned that, which I neglected. However, while that may work, a number of formats (many mp3s) don't play well on the same timeline, and many users report problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to VidNoob

No, can't mix on the same timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to VidNoob

To mix the footage, you should be able to go back to PrPro, and create a 16:9 Sequence. Bring the 4:3 material into that, allowing the black bars to exist, and then Export that 16:9 Sequence as 16:9, for Import into En. You will have the pillarboxing with that 4:3 material, but that is what you want, correct?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points