Skip navigation
JPete617
Currently Being Moderated

Title glow?

Apr 11, 2012 7:38 AM

Is there a way to create a glow or cloud behind title text?  This is similar to a drop shadow, but on all sides of the letters.  I see effects like that in the text styles, but I cannot create it myself.  I like to use this kind of effect when titling over a clutter backdrop.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to JPete617

This is one of the effects I show you how to do in my "Cool Tricks & Hot Tips" book for Premiere Elements! You can see a sample of how it turned out here, listed as Trick #50.

http://Muvipix.com/CoolTricks

The process is a bit too elaborate to explain on this forum. But basically I had my title on video video track and, on the video track below it, I had a copy of the title with some blur and light effects applied.

If you watch the sample of the effect, afterward you can see a brief tutorial explaining how it was done.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to JPete617

You can also create your Title in Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, where you can add many Styles, including Glows. Just create it on a Transparent Background, and Save_As either PSD, or PNG, to maintain that Transparency (JPEG's do not allow Transparency), and Import that file, just like a Still Image.

PrPro's Titler offers a lot more control with easily appled Inner & Outer Glows, etc., and to control those, one does not have first pick a Style, containing those attributes/FX. However, either version of Photoshop will offer even more, and if one has PS, or PSE, it's a lot cheaper, than buying PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I use Steve's method often, as I want to animate the Glow (Blur) over time, separate from my Text Title.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points