Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where has the text in my module gone?

Apr 11, 2012 10:36 AM

Tags: #flash #flash_builder #module #flex3

I have a project that has been working fine since I inherited it months ago, which uses the Flex3.0.0.477 sdk.

Previously, the modules that it loads were not being optimized for the parent application. I changed that setting with no noticiable repercussions a month ago.

Yesterday, the text suddently began disappearing from modules. When I test in debug mode, the text reappears (because the modules are not optimized when testing), but as soon as I clean the project and grab the optimized modules, the text disappears.

I understand that there's some issue with the embedded fonts (that are declared in a global css file in the assets folder), but I am stumped how to fix it and even more why it suddenly started happening.

Also, returning to a previous git commit, from a month ago or more, does not seem to change the behavior, suggesting that it has nothing to do with any recent changes I've made but is being caused by something within flash builder or the flash player.

Any suggestions welcome!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to a-fro

Are you loading the module from a different domain?  Some security rules have changed recently.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to a-fro

It wasn’t clear whether these were font-only modules or whether they were UI modules.  If you are using custom text components, make sure you are handling the text widgets correctly.  See the post on embedded fonts on my blog.

--

Alex Harui

Flex SDK Team

Adobe Systems, Inc.

http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers