Skip navigation
Colcasaca
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 7 Editor Error & 10 trial error

Apr 11, 2012 10:14 AM

Tags: #file #photoshop #help #organizer #windows_7 #elements #64-bit #windows #restore #7 #failure #pse10 #backup #photoshop_elements_10

Photoshop Elements 7 Editor Error

Hello,

Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 7 (x64) on my PC & have completely updated it through Windows Updater, I than installed PSE7 (disk that I brought new 3 years ago & has worked fine up till now) & followed the instructions.

Now, it loads the first screen fine (Organise/Edit/Create/Share) & Organise,Create & Share each load fine but when I click on Edit I get this error

Editor - Photoshop Elements 7.0

Could not initialise Photoshop Elements because the file could not be found.

I have already installed it on my old (now completely dead) Vista laptop, this PC & my mothers Win7 laptop & all work/ed.

The thing I have tried are -

• Uninstalling & reinstalling PES7.
  • Uninstalling & reinstalling the OS & installing PSE7 first.
  • Replacing all files in 'Computer > Local Disk (C;) > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Photoshop Elements 7.0 , with the files from my mothers laptop.
  • Have 'Deleted the Settings File' (Shift + Ctrl + Alt)
  • Running the Elements Organizer in a new user account.
  • & ringing customer support who told me to ask here.

I have tried the trial version of PSE10 which does not work, I get the following error

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

Could not open a scratch file because the file could not be found.

& clicking OK the following error

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

Could not initialise Photoshop Elements because the file could not be found.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: Colcasaca

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to Colcasaca

Try reseting the preferences of PSE 10

Open PSE just to the Welcome Screen and press Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Mac: Cmd + Opt + Shift) and keep pressing.

1. Click on "Edit" from the Welcome Screen but keep pressing the keyboard keys - don't let up.
    2. You will get a little dialog box asking if you want to delete the settings file. Click "Yes."  You can let go of the keyboard keys now.

This will rebuild the file for you and often solves the issue.

If it doesn't work, navigate to :

C: > Users > [user name] > Photoshop Elements > 10.0 > Editor > Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Prefs.psp

Right click on the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Prefs.psp, and select Delete.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to Colcasaca

Good to know that the suggested step worked.

Deleting an user account is completly your call, but before doing that make sure there are no important document/file associated with that users.

Also, the old user account will NOT make much impact on the PSE for new user account

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points