• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does RH 9 project get hung up in trial version?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been using RoboHelp 9 HTML and Internet Explorer 7 with no problems. However, our department is upgrading to IE 8 soon and asked that I test its compatibility with a trial version of RH 9 (on a different machine). When I opened up my existing project in the trial version, I experienced hang ups and had to close out several times due to a "not responding" status. I had similar problems when updating linked Word docs and viewing the primary layout. When I started a "blank" project, the response time was very fast and everything was smoother. I'm not sure if this is related to IE 8 or not. Any thoughts on why it would get hung up on my existing project?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Hi there

Where is the existing project located? If you say it's on a network drive, that's likely the cause. But if it's on a local C drive, odds are something else is afoot. Is source control involved?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Where is the existing project located? If you say it's on a network drive, that's likely the cause. But if it's on a local C drive, odds are something else is afoot. Is source control involved?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work/save to my C:drive and copy to a network drive as a backup. Yes, the project I was trying to test was on the network drive. Forgot about this restriction. So, projects must always reside on the C:drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be confusing RH9 with the help output that RH can create - that's what you're interested in testing, right? Why would you need to get a RH9 trial, when you're already using RH9. You just want to take your WebHelp output and try it out with IE9 to see how it's going to behave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I understand what you're saying. My department just wanted the "all clear" that we would not run into any problems between RH 9 and IE 8. So I wanted to generate and view the help output directly from RH. Yes, I could test with the WebHelp output. The reason I have to use a trial version is the dept. only allows IE 8 on a select group of machines, and mine (with RH 9 installed) is not currently one of them. I appreciate your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(a) don't trust the view directly from RH after generating - it can be non-representative of what a client will see

(b) just copy your WebHelp folder from the project's \!SSL!\ folder to the machine that's running whatever browser you want - you're not locked down to having to have RH9 on the same machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input--I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp