Skip navigation
djarum69
Currently Being Moderated

Which registration server to unblock in our firewall

Apr 11, 2012 11:19 AM

I'm trying to register CS 5.5, which is installed and working, with my Adobe ID, but our corporate firewall is not letting the applications talk to the registration server, and I get a Network Error when I enter my ID and password.

What server at Adobe is the application trying to talk to? If I know this I can get IT to allow traffic to that server.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 12:12 PM   in reply to djarum69

You can contact Adobe support and get your product registered on call.

also , you can register the product online, log in on adobe.com and register the product

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to djarum69

djarum69 it sounds like you have a volume license.  The install files are the same for volume license and retail customers which is why it is prompting you to register.  You should be able to look up your product at https://licensing.adobe.com/.  If you are unable to login then you will want to work with your I.T. department or purchasing department as one of them should have access.  This is the same site which was used to obtain the software and your serial number.

For volume license customers the serial number is registered when the software was purchased.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points