Skip navigation
daniielarg
Currently Being Moderated

Error #3

Apr 11, 2012 11:53 AM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #cs5 #error #adobe

When I try to open Illustrator CS5, this window appears.

1111.PNG

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program a thousand times, and after the instalation it works, but if I close the application only once, the error appears again. I have used the Adobe Cleaner CS5 three or four times, but it didn´t solve my problem. Someone can help me, please?

Thanks so much *

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 12:05 PM   in reply to daniielarg

This error is observed when some of the files, required by adobe products, are not found on the machine.

Can you check if the file pcd.db in folder <Drive>:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/ is still there or it is getting deleted due to some reason.

If the above mentioned file is there when you observe this issue, please share the log file amt3.log which will be present in user's temp (%temp%) folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to daniielarg

Ok..re-install the software(no need to uninstall)

open the illustrator ,, keep the eye on this folder ...and then close it and check...when you close the illustrator does these files and folder get automatically deleted.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:47 PM   in reply to daniielarg

It would not be a proper solution because ideally your file shouldn't get deleted.....they should remian there and your application should work normal.

Just check after closing your Illustrator does this file gets deleted......and let us know.

may be the repaired installation as fixed the issue., cant say until the issue does not come up again...that's why I said to keep an eye on the folder....

If it works fine for couple of days then your problem is fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 2:12 PM   in reply to daniielarg

Do you have any Anti-virus or any other software that may be scannning the computer after specific period of time and deletes these files treating them as the threat,

Check any scan your Anti-virus and any other utility did after which Illustartor stopped working.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points