Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I limit the IP addresses that FMS uses so that IIS works?

Apr 11, 2012 11:33 AM

Tags: #iis #ip_address

I have managed to install the trial version of FMS - developer 4.5 using the defaults including Apache, and it works reasonably well. However it has used-up all the available IP addresses so that IIS does not now work. I need IIS and FMS to reside together on the same server, as IIS provides document download and upload for our web-site on a different server. I have tried changing the FMS.ini file to limit the IP and Ports used, but to little use. My server is Win2k8 R2, and IIS V7.5 + V7.0 for FTP; all 64bit.

Kind regards Ken Birch

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to knoby

1. Did you restart FMS after changing your ip/port bindings in fms.ini?

2. Did you disable socket pooling on IIS by using netsh to define the IP's IIS should use?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 4:47 AM   in reply to knoby

You really do need to disable socket pooling on IIS. Assigning IP's to individual sites won't prevent IIS from binding to all IP addresses. What likely happened is that FMS started before IIS, so it was able to bind to the configured IP

You can test this by doing the following:

1. Stop the FMS and IIS services

2. Start IIS

3. Start FMS

If you can't access FMS on port 80, or if the FMS logs show bind errors, IIS is still binding to all IP's.

See the documentation on netsh to set a specific group of IP's for IIS to bind to.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points