Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Customization

Apr 11, 2012 12:20 PM

Tags: #photoshop #cs5 #image #photoshop_cs5 #photoshop_cs5.5

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help me out...

I work for a furniture manufacturer and most of the times the customer can customize our stuff. Like let's say they can change the fabric of the barstool or the finish...

Original Barstool:                                             Changed the fabic and finish:

Barstool_1.jpgBarstool_3web.jpg 

I have the swatches scanned in my computer and the way I changed the second image is I used the transform tool and also I cut out the fabric from a different barstool... It took me FOREVER to do it...

I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this... I know my question is a little complex, but this would save me so much time at work...

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 6:19 PM   in reply to alosonczi

Depends. if this needs to be doen live e.g. on a website, you'd have to use Scene 7 or custom Flash "configurators", but of course stil lhave to prep the files. that could probably be hugely simplified by using 3D, so talk to your construction department to provide 3D files from their CAD which you can then re-texture eitehr in PS Extended or a 3D program of your choice, including the free Blender...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to alosonczi

If the surface properties vary considerably not only with regard to color but also reflectivity (as seems to be the case here with both the upholstering and the frame) simple color and contrast operations in Photoshop will likely not provide great results, so you may want to look into Mylenium’s advise on 3D.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points