Skip navigation
atxspencer
Currently Being Moderated

Project Manager Copied files to new location - Copied Project won't link files.

Apr 11, 2012 12:56 PM

Tags: #pro #premiere #back #manager #up #hard #drive #project

Info:

Mac

Premiere Pro 5.5

Lacie 6TB Drive

E-Sata connection

RED R3D Long form project

I Wanted to copy the Project file and all media to then use the copied HardDrive for work.

1. Copied files to new location using Project Manager. (copied to Lacie 6TB Drive)

2. Open New copied Project.

3.I am then asked to find a file. I link to Footage on New HardDrive.

Results: 1. Proceeds to ask to find every file. 2. Requires me to manually link each one of the files. 3. Is unable to automatically search the drive to link the footage.

Expected results: Open Project, and be able to link One file and premiere will find the rest of them in that drive I just linked the first file in.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 5:27 PM   in reply to atxspencer

The reason that PrPro is asking, "Where is file ____ ?" is because the links to Assets are absolute Paths. It is likely that the drive letter has changed, between the two computers.

If Assets are in a single folder, the when the first file is navigated to, PrPro should then link to all Assets used in the Project, in that folder. For multiple folders, the operation will need to be repeated for each folder.

I am not sure about a Mac, but in Windows, you can go into the OS and assign a unique hard drive letter, so that whenever that HDD is plugged in, regardless of order, it will always be assigned the same drive letter. With multiple computers, this will need to be done in the OS of each computer.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points