Apr 11, 2012 3:07 PM

This would seem to indicate that CS6 will ship by May 6

http://store.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/cs55_cs6.html

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to John T Smith

I think that's a good guess.

Note that this link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-policy-produ ct-announcement.html

shows the offer until June 30, which is consistent with my recollection of their previous policy of something like 90 days after the announce date.

Part of the trick later, though, is finding CS5.5 available.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to John T Smith

In the last couple of upgrades, I've been up and running by the middle of May so yes, I think that's a safe bet.

HOWEVER, to borrow a line from the Encore launch screen, I'm coming for the Creative Cloud and staying for the Production Premium. So I'm hoping that Creative Cloud is up and running much sooner than that....

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Since the two pages do not have matching dates, I think going with the May 6 date in the how to claim page is safer... at least until someone from Adobe clarifies (and, maybe, fixes one of the pages)

I agree. (I have already purchased, so I am sure not gambling.)

The other unknown is whether CS5.5 will be available. Adobe will probably stop selling it as soon as CS6 ships. Reseller may still be able to sell boxed items.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 4:28 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

The other unknown is whether CS5.5 will be available. Adobe will probably stop selling it as soon as CS6 ships. Reseller may still be able to sell boxed items.

Adobe probably will stop selling CS5.5 as soon as CS6 is out. However, 3rd party resellers will likely be selling it until their stock is gone. Typically, however, that happens almost about the same time as CS6 arrives (because they stock both products and usually know how to manage their inventories). But I don't claim to know everything about the way Adobe works with the resellers.

I guess the only guarantee is that you can buy CS5.5 right now for whatever price you can get and then wind up with CS6 upgrade for free, and once CS6 is for sale you will be able to purchase it for whatever price it is on sale for. I can guarantee all of that.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

I'll see if I can get someone who knows about pricing and upgrade details to clarify.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Todd,

That would be great, and greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points