Skip navigation
MiloBard
Currently Being Moderated

Can you update Facebook automatically when you publish with Contribute?

Apr 11, 2012 3:10 PM

Tags: #update #facebook #media #contribute #social #auto-update

Is there a feature or extension to update Facebook automatically when you publish with Contribute?

I guess it is also feasable to streamline publishing by having a share button that you can appropriate for that purpose. (The "Share on Facebook"/"Share on Twitter" social media buttons.) Can you add that through Contribute as well or does it have to be built into the template first?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to MiloBard

There is no feature in Contribute that I know of that will automatically update Facebook when you update your site.

As fas as adding a Share button, you would simply need to get the code needed to add those buttons and use Insert>HTML Snippet to add the code to your page.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 4:01 PM   in reply to MiloBard

To add to the whole "Share" thing, What we do is simply add text that says "Get updates from us" then add a hyperlink to Facebook, Twitter and our Blog and place the icon images next to the apropriate links. But I know you can get some code from Facebook at least that is an actual "Share" button that will share that page (rather than take them to your page). You'll need to find that code in Facebook help.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to MiloBard

Did you find this information?

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/share/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to ~graffiti

I guess it helps if I read my old links. Yes, you're right. The Share button has gone away.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points