Skip navigation
FancyPantsMan
Currently Being Moderated

Macromedia Flash 8 Portable

Apr 11, 2012 8:13 PM

Tags: #adobe #flash #8 #animation #download_trial #portable

Hi everyone! I am very intrested in getting flash for animating, but its very expensive. While I was looking for other animating software, I stumbled across something called "Macromedia Flash 8 Portable". It's free as far as I know and I was wondering if it's a demo version or trial from adobe/macromedia. What concernes me is if it's piracy. If that is the case, I am and will not download the software for pirating I feel is very wrong. Is this software ok to use? Thanks! James.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 5:06 AM   in reply to FancyPantsMan

You should contact Adobe directly if you have concerns about it being pirated software, although being Flash 8, it was before their time (before they acquired Macromedia's product line).  Adobe generally does not make old development software available because they sell new products, and if they did, it is not likely to be offered for free.  I know you would not get any support for it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to FancyPantsMan

Hello everybody!

I have the same doubt.

Recently I migrated to Ubuntu, because I did not feel comfortable in using pirated software and I installed the macromedia suite 8 (Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash) with wine.

These softwares have been discontinued and no longer enjoy any assistance, not least because macromedia does not exist.
    But the fact that Adobe have bought Macromedia, I think maybe he has rights to the products that were previously the macromedia.

It is impossible I can buy some new versions of Adobe CS6, they are extremely expensive.

Please, I would like someone from Adobe answered my question with clarity and objectivity:
    - It's a crime to use a suite of macromedia 8 transferred to a download site with one free key ?

Ubuntu for me has been very poor and unproductive.
    If is a crime to use the versions of macromedia 8, I think I'll have to buy a version of windows 7 and buy the software from the Microsoft Expression Studio.

They are very good and very cheap, byt adove is better.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to Giovannio_x

If you want an answer from someone at Adobe you should contact someone at Adobe.  These are primarily user-to-user forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to Ned Murphy

Thanks Ned Murphy

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers