Skip navigation
msjodip
Currently Being Moderated

UI Loader in Flash will not locate my images

Apr 11, 2012 7:48 PM

Tags: #problem #error #find #swf #images #won't #loader #ui

Im trying to create a portfolio page on flash but when I use a UI Loader it will not locate my image. I get an error like this...

Error #2044: Unhandled ioError:. text=Error #2035: URL Not Found. URL: /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/XYZ/Documents/Website/Index.swf/images/photo1.jpg

It seems as though it's trying to find the image within the swf file???

If you can't help me solve this problem that would be AMAZING!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 5:14 AM   in reply to msjodip

What code are you using to specify the files to load and where are the files located relative to the swf file?  If you are testing in an html page, where is the swf relative to the html page folder-wise?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to msjodip

If you are testing directly in Flash, the path from the .swf to the images would simply be:

photo1.jpg

no folders, no nothing... they are in the same folder (according to what you said).

While that path will work fine from testing, it WILL NOT WORK once you place that .swf on a Web page in a different folder.

Then you must path from the .swf to the images as though the .swf is in the same folder as the Web page... not it's actual, physical location.

Once the .swf is places on the Web page, the path from the .swf to the images would be:

images/photo1.jpg

Once correctly pathed relative to the Web page and not it's physical location, clicking directly on the .swf in the images folder WILL NOT WORK!  And that's not a bad thing... it simply means that the .swf was created to work from the Web page and not in the "images" folder.

Also do not use "machine" relative paths such as

/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/XYZ/Documents/

doing so will be nothing but trouble once you upload your website to a sever, since none of that path exists on the server.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 12:37 PM   in reply to msjodip

And what is the code you are using?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 9:46 AM   in reply to msjodip

I had the same problem recently. Using your finder window find what the EXACT path to photo1.jpg is and make sure it is exactly the same as the the path you input for the UI Loader source. That will take care of it when you preview it. When you post it to the web you need to make sure you're asetts can be found.

If you have a folder actually called index.swf that will really mess you up. Check for a typo in your source.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points