Skip navigation
jamboncuit
Currently Being Moderated

Submit button not working...

Apr 11, 2012 9:06 PM

All fields work great except the submit button... Why ? But works great on my iMac using acrobat 8.0.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 9:12 PM   in reply to jamboncuit

The mobile reader currently only supports submit buttons that specify email submit with full file contents. This is an area we'd like to expand. Do you know what kind of submit your form is using? If you can share the form, I can figure that out too. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 9:36 PM   in reply to jamboncuit

That /should/ work. Would it be possible to share your form via email to pawibbel@adobe.com? Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to jamboncuit

I did and I am investigating. Thank you for sharing it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

We have identified the cause of the issue. It looks like there is an optional parameter in the PDF specification specifying the "File System" for the submit. That parameter should be set to "URL" if present. If it's not present, the Reader should treat it as URL by default. Unfortunately, we are treating it as a required parameter and in this case it has been ommitted. I have filed a bug and I believe we can get to this in a coming release. Please look for updates. I'm also investigating to see if there is a way we can help you re-author the form so that it can be submitted in the interim. Thank you again for reporting this issue and sharing the file.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:20 PM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

Finnaly it support the fillable action in Ipad. Very great!

But does Adobe Reader for IOS support submit button that upload the entire pdf form to servlet?

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to mr CK

The only submit action we currently support is to email the entire PDF document to a mailto address. Submitting the PDF to a server is certainly something we are considering. Thank you for the feedback.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 8:28 AM   in reply to jamboncuit

jamboncult,

The fix for the submit button issue will be included in our next release. Please see the list of issues addressed here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/readermobile/2012/04/30/adobe-reader-patch-upda te-10-2-1/

You'll note that it links back to this forum thread which means you were the first to report it. Thanks!

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 6:04 AM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

Is there an update to the submit issue mentioned in the above discussions?

Dean

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 4:48 AM   in reply to dguid

I have the same issue with the submit button. I'm using Adobe XI, so basically this should be solved, right?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points