Skip navigation

CS6 Production Premium revealed.  Audition CS6 Details.

Apr 12, 2012 8:43 AM

Tags: #audition #cs6
  Latest reply: _durin_, May 7, 2012 8:51 AM
Replies 1 2 3 2 Previous Next
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 4:26 AM   in reply to nahravka

nahravka wrote:

Is there 64-bit version ?

Is it possible to hide TABS (to make my small monitor BIGGER) ?

No 64-bit version this time. No you can't hide tabs either - that would be pointless! A new monitor will cost you less than Audition will these days...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 5:34 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

Hi Steve,

since Adobe doesn't seem to want to answer my GUI related questions, and you seem to be a beta (or even alpha) tester, can you help out please and tell me whether the following issues have been addressed in CS6?

1. earlier in this thread (I posted this 3 days ago):

"For CS 5.5 I had reported two Edit-view related display bugs (spectral display "dB range" value not saved properly, spectral drawing hick-ups when switching between files). Also, compared to Audition 1.x I noticed a slower live-update of the Frequency Analysis window (i.e. less updates per second) when playing a file. Does this mean all three issues have been solved in the course of implementing the above 3 bullet points?"

2. What I am missing... (I posted this 11 months ago):
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/3683921#3683921

"I already submitted two bug reports, and in addition I'd like to mention that the Preferences check box 'Synchronize selection, zoom level, and CTI across files in the Waveform Editor' doesn't cover the vertical zoom level (neither in time nor in spectral view), which it did in version 3. Is there a special reason why this IMHO very useful feature was omitted? Did you just forget about it?"

3. Zooming in Spectral Frequency Display (I also posted this 11 months ago):
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/3664409#3664409

"vertical zoom states of waveform and spectrogram in Edit view are not saved when switching to a different file. You have to manually define the zoom state for each file, which makes it very difficult and time consuming to e.g. directly compare two files at user-defined vertical zoom levels (by switching back and forth). 

Windows XP SP3, x86. Is this a bug or a feature? It used to work in AA 3 (and 2 IIRC). The horizontal zoom state is kept when switching between files (assuming the corresponding option in the Preferences is checked)."

Maybe I should clarify: at work (and at home) I use Audition to compare waveforms and spectrograms of different files by switching back and forth. I am an audio codec developer at Fraunhofer IIS. So fixing the above 3 issues directly translates into me saving time at work.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to C.R.Helmrich

Hi Chris, likely we just missed your post above, we're not trying to avoid it certainly ;-)

I would like to have someone validate against our work history this cycle and see if indeed resolved any of these and respond. I'm not in a spot where I can do the research, so have to rely on someone who can.

RE: using AGM (your post above) is around to improvements draw performance for static items (fonts, lines, etc) and likely does not improve specifically feq analysis panel, but that does not mean there wasn't an improvement there that I'm not aware of.

Colin

|
    Mark as:
  • Admiral Cook
    169 posts
    Jul 3, 2009
    Apr 15, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to _durin_

WMA read/write supported on CS6?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to _durin_

re: WMA

(follow-up to what Durin mentioned)

On mac, you'll need Flip4Mac just like in Au CS5.5.  On Windows, import of WMA is supported without third-party components, but you'll need to turn on DLMS in the Preferences panel.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Apr 15, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to C.R.Helmrich

C.R.Helmrich wrote:

Hi Steve,

since Adobe doesn't seem to want to answer my GUI related questions, and you seem to be a beta (or even alpha) tester, can you help out please and tell me whether the following issues have been addressed in CS6? (et seq...)

Only just seen this, but from memory also (unless I go and turn on another machine and play around for a while), I think Durin's nailed it. I don't think that waveform vertical zoom has ever done what you want it to - in order to do that, I believe that the display would have to be re-established at that zoom level every time you went back to the file, and you wouldn't actually save any time at all. What appears to be optimised is the establishment of a basic spectral display. If I wanted to do what you seem to be attempting to do, I'd open-append both files into one display, and put markers at the points I wanted to compare - it's relatively easy to hit those quickly, and under these circumstances the zoom level will remain the same.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

Thanks, Colin and Durin, for double-checking. Looking forward to your reports.

And thanks, Steve! The open-append approach you describe sounds like a good work-around. But this must be done manually, right? i.e. I cannot open-append via drag-drop of files onto files already open in Audition, or can I? Regarding

"I don't think that waveform vertical zoom has ever done what you want it to":

You're probably right. So, Durin, Charles, et al: how about adding synchronized vertical waveform zoom to the feature list? (if it's not on the list already, of course.) I know that Audition 2.x (and 3.x IIRC) sync'ed the vertical (frequency) zoom in spectral view, and I hope this feature is re-established in CS6 (is that what you're indicating, Steve?) Because otherwise I have to manually zoom in on each file in the same way (or have to manually open-append, as suggested), which is precisely where I lose time.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 3:15 AM   in reply to C.R.Helmrich

If you Open Append to New then you can select all the files you want to compare to open at once.

|
    Mark as:
  • Admiral Cook
    169 posts
    Jul 3, 2009
    Apr 16, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to _durin_

Thanks for your answers, Durin and Charles.

I hope you'll update it soon to read/write WMAs like version 3.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 3:51 PM   in reply to _durin_

It is welcome news that the developers have worked to clean up the VST sorting.  I have plug-ins that would not work in CS5.5 because of their perceived channel count but worked in all other versions of Audition. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 3:13 AM   in reply to _durin_

Hi,

reading through the list of added features I suppose the following is still missing:

• find beats
    • beat, CD track, CD index, and BWF-J markers
    • rejoining split clips
    • loop recording of multiple punch-in takes
    • video thumbnails in multitrack sessions

or am I wrong?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...