Skip navigation
OscarPurcell
Currently Being Moderated

Can I import Sony .mts files with seperate audio layer into AE?

Apr 12, 2012 2:01 AM

Tags: #audio #ae #audition

I can import .mts files from my Sony SR11 OK but the audio is in the same layer as the video content.

When I go to Edit/Edit in Adobe Audition and Audition opens Audition reports in details box, "Error:File not supported by any currently registered plug-ins."

The Audition Audio Plug-in Manager shows no available plug-ins.

Can I import the .mts file as seperate layers as one can with Premiere Pro? Alteratively perhaps, what plug-ins should I look for to add to Audition?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 2:21 AM   in reply to OscarPurcell

AE doesn't separate audio. You'll have to do it elsewhere, possibly in Premiere Pro or tools like ffmpeg/MPEGStreamclip. It's odd, though. since these components are the same in all the suite apps, a file that works in AE should just the same open in AU (without showing teh video in teh worst case). .mts is just MPEG2 or AVCHD in disguise, anyway, which the apps should open without a hitch - if it's not out of spec. I'd look into your camera settings, though. maybe you recorded to the wrong channels or an odd audio sampel rate and it's messing things up.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to OscarPurcell

That is indeed getting even more weird...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to OscarPurcell

Did Adobe take functionality away from us with the Audition release?  I used to be able to open up all of my video files in Soundbooth, clean up the audio and then re-save them before pushing them into P-Pro, After Effects, or even Captivate.

With Audition it seems I can't do this anymore.

What gives?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to mjbosscher

You will have to ask that on the AU forum. While it has inherited SB's processing routines, indeed some things will work considerably differently. I share your sentiment, SB was much more straightforward for us not-so-audiophiles. A pity it got killed of in favor of a more convoluted app....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points