Skip navigation
analytik
Currently Being Moderated

Extremely slow

Apr 12, 2012 7:02 AM

Tags: #problem #windows_7 #slow #beta #serious #11.3

I don't know how to report this as a bug, since it's so generic - 11.3b1 is extremely slow and crashes often, using Fx11 on Win7 x64, 8GB RAM, 3.1GHz Phenom X4 etc.

Games like Edgeworld and Backyard Monsters are terribly slow while scrolling around, and show white artifacts.

Some non-youtube video ran at like 10fps and maxed one CPU core.

I'll be glad to help investigate this, but I'm aching to get back to a stable version - for the first time in my Player beta testing life.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to analytik

Filing a bug is going to be the best method for us to track the issue and follow up with you.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/

I looked at Backyard Monsters with my Win7 x64 box, with Firefox 11 and Flash Player 11.3.300.233.  I didn't see any performance issues.

First, update to the latest version on labs, and try again.

If the issue is still happening, I'm wondering if you're running into a hardware acceleration issue.  We did lower the bar for GPUs with this release, and we may be using your GPU where we weren't previously.

You can figure this out pretty quickly by right-clicking on a SWF and choosing Settings.  Click on the left-most tab, and uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration.

If the issue goes away, it's GPU related. 

First, check to see if there are updated GPU drivers available for your machine.

Once you're current, if you're still experiencing problems, we definitely want to know about them.

Launch a Command Prompt window, and type the following (and then hit enter):

dxdiag

Follow the prompts, and hit Save All Information

Please file a bug, and include the output of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool in your bug.

If the issue persists, I'll see if I can help you troubleshoot it further.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)