Skip navigation
imgeoffreypaine
Currently Being Moderated

Scrollable Content and Swipe to next article Problem.

Apr 12, 2012 6:41 AM

Tags: #digital_publishing_suite #overlay_creator #scrollable_content

I have multiple scroll trays on my page that when pulled out take up all the space on the screen.  Since interactive content always sits on top of static content how does one workaround not being able to swipe to next article.

At the moment I create dummy buttons that sit on top of the interactive content that have navto properties but my user would not usually figure out to tap instead of swipe to next article.

Thanks for listening to my first post.

Geoff

Paris

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to imgeoffreypaine

This behavior was introduced recently and I have to agree with you. It’s not at all fun.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

I haven't been able to find a great workaround. One option is to cover the pullout tab area with a dummy slideshow. The problem with that approach is that if you drag out the pullout tab and release it, you can't slide it back -- it's stuck.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

This really needs to be fixed especially for vertically scrolling frames when swiping horizontally and vice versa.

With the new choices in the scrollable frame overlay it should be obvious that if you swipe in the other direction you want to go to new page.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 12:31 PM   in reply to imgeoffreypaine

Has there been anything new on this?  I am having the same issue with a vertical scrolling frame that i made so the content "pulls up" the rest of the page over the original page.  I can get the frame to work fine, but because the container had to be the page size, I can't horizontally swipe to the next article now, no matter how I change the settings. 

thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points