Skip navigation
labrasic
Currently Being Moderated

PP CS4 will not play clips

Apr 12, 2012 6:49 AM

PP refuses to play any clip on the timeline. I have tested several different clips from different sources with no change.

Computer:

i7 860

6 GB RAM

ATI Radeon 5670  & ATI Radeon 5450 (ATI Technologies Inc. driver version 8.850.0.0 on both cards) running three monitors

Win 7 pro x64

No apparent changes made when problem surfaced. Have encountered problem before, but a full reinstall of PP fixed the issue. Wondering if there is anything else I can try that might be less time consuming.

Thanks in advance!

Labrasic

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to labrasic

What is the date of your Catalyst driver suite?

The AMD/ATI site lists one released on 3/29/2012 (do not see the version number, and I thought that was listed?).

What you describe is often related to the video driver.

Recently, some Photoshop users reported one of the newer AMD/ATI Catalyst drivers was not working well for them. In their cases, rolling-back, and waiting for a newer version to be released, fixed display issues.

Even simple OS updates and hot-fixes, have rendered some video drivers obsolete. PrPro needs to interface very closely with the video driver, much more so than most software, so it can encounter problems, where other programs still function properly.

Good luck, and hope that it is just a video driver issue.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to labrasic

Sorry that the latest Catalyst driver did not fix things for you.

Referencing some of the OpenGL issues with a newer Catalyst driver (do not recall the version), the "fix" was a roll-back. If I can find that version #, I will post it. It might be helpful, or it might not.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points