Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Horizontal Scroll still not working?

Apr 12, 2012 7:36 AM

Tags: #scrollable_frame

I'm trying to do a simple horizontal scroll w/in a container frame. It worked beautifully, and then I upgraded to drop 19. Now, poof! It's gone. I see other, similar comments on this forum, but no answers. Has anyone discovered a workaround? Or know when it will be fixed?

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to gardnermag

I'm not aware of an issue with horizontal scroll not working in v19. Horizontal scrollable frames work fine for me. Have you tried editing the settings in the Overlay Creator panel? Have you tried creating a new one from scratch?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to gardnermag

Select the frame and open the scrollable content overlay and reset the choices there.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Thanks, Bob. I've actually tried that, to no avail. It works perfectly in my desktop viewer, but when I view it in our viewer (built with viewer builder), the content of the frame disappears.

Sometimes - and I haven't nailed down which isolated function makes this happen - the scroll bars will appear, as if the container frame knows it should be scrolling something, but the contents are gone.

Original content was images, text and buttons. But I've stripped it down to the bare minimum -- one large image, no interactivity, and still no luck. Have you heard of others with this problem, or is it a user-error somehow?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to jzporath

(above answer from jzporath pertains to original post, sorry for confusion).

the frame -the whole page- has been rebuilt, but I'll try that again. Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points