Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

2 sequences in same project synced to play together

Apr 12, 2012 8:43 AM

Hi all,

I have a 3 screen project. Already cut the center screen at and now getting ready to do my 2 side screens. I've opened up a new sequence for my side screens and want to have my center screen sequence sync locked to my playhead of the side screens. (So I can randomly check out whats going on all screens). Do I have to use some sort of Multi cam set up for this, or is there something else?

Thanks,

Pete

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 2:11 PM   in reply to EditorPete

Drop the first sequence into the second and apply a PIP effect.  That'll give you a visual reference as you edit the second sequence.  When you're done editing, just delete the first sequence.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 7:18 PM   in reply to EditorPete

Pete...you could try this...

Drag one SEQUENCE into the Source Monitor and then gang Source and Program Monitors

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 12:10 AM   in reply to EditorPete

wondering if I can sync lock the playhead on them both

Nope.  In fact, only one will play at a time.  That's why I suggested the nesting and PIP method.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to EditorPete

so I don't have to use the timecode window to move each sequence to the exact location I'm working on.

you can also nest sequence 2 (and 3 and 4 a.s.o.) into sequence 1, line it up to sync your "main sequence",

now on any desired position of your playhead, you can hit "open nested sequence" (by default : Shift-T) and you end up at the same frame in the desired sequence.

just make sure the video track of your targeted sequence is activated. (if more are active, premiere will send you to the highest activated track)

So the best way to do this is to use Jim's PIP suggestion, so you have your videos / screens lined up correctly and you can make changes to individual clips, tracks within a nested sequence, Shift-T sends you straight there.

It's not quite ganging two sequences, but it's only a push of a button away and a lot closer to ganging than copypasting Timecodes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points