Skip navigation
;oiHQWEF;OIGhqwe;gofihqe
Currently Being Moderated

Share You tube too long - not

Apr 12, 2012 8:22 AM

Afetr selecting you tube and next I get an error that the file is too long - it is 11:46. My you tube account allows greater than 15 minutes. What gives? Getting tiring.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to ;oiHQWEF;OIGhqwe;gofihqe

You can output longer videos for YouTube using this method, as outlined in the FAQs.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549

Now go get some sleep.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to ;oiHQWEF;OIGhqwe;gofihqe

Back when PrE 10 was being developed, YouTube had a 10 min. limit on the uploadds. YouTube added "enhanced accounts," but PrE 10 had already been released.

Steve's method is the way to use your enhnaced account, and upload longer Duration material.

My guess is that PrE 11 will reflect the enhanced account uploads, until YouTube makes another change. Over the years, YouTube has been a "moving target."

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Ed.Macke
    683 posts
    Mar 17, 2006
    Apr 12, 2012 10:44 AM   in reply to ;oiHQWEF;OIGhqwe;gofihqe

You asked "what gives" - Hunt's answer is the "what gives".

You're welcome.

|
    Mark as:
  • Ed.Macke
    683 posts
    Mar 17, 2006
    Apr 12, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to ;oiHQWEF;OIGhqwe;gofihqe

Rhetorical or not, other people reading these posts might benefit from knowing why or why not a certain feature works the way it does or doesn't.

For example, just knowing PRE was purposely designed to limit YouTube videos to 10 minutes tells the user they are not doing something wrong when they see the message about an 11:46 video being too long. Hunt's answer goes on to provide detail on why it was designed that way to help you - or later viewers - understand the reasoning behind the restriction and not be so "tired" of the product's perceived shortcomings.

In any event, everybody here is just trying to help, so a little kindness and gratitude would be lovely.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:22 AM   in reply to Ed.Macke

And just a reminder to Mr. ;0iHQWEF;OIGhqwe;fofi (if that really is your name).

None of us on this forum work for Adobe. In fact, we don't make a penny helping people out. We're here just because we want to help. There's no justification for copping an attitude with us just because you don't like the answer.

So, please. A little appreciation for our efforts is much appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:54 AM   in reply to ;oiHQWEF;OIGhqwe;gofihqe

Steve's link helps you, if you just follow it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Otherwise, if you're convinced the program used to output longer segments to YouTube and suddenly doesn't, you may need to figure out what's going on with your computer.

Adobe is not making changes to your 4-year-old software. Any changes must be happening at your end.

Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to ;oiHQWEF;OIGhqwe;gofihqe

It's a foolish move because as he says "YouTube is a moving target."

Obviously, you have not been around very long, doing video to be posted to YouTube. Over the years, their requirements have changed dramatically, their Encoding has changed dramatically, and recently, the limit on their Duration, for certain levels of subscripotion has also changed. To me, that constitutes a "moving target."

Over the last fifteen years, MPEG-2 and DV-AVI have had exactly zero changes. Those constitute a "fixed target."

I think that if I was coming to the forum to look for an answer to my problem, I would check my "attitude" at the door. Remember, no one is here, just to help you figure things out.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to ;oiHQWEF;OIGhqwe;gofihqe

Actually, when I got my Civil Engineering degree, I did quite well in Differential Calculus.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points