Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why is CS6 included in the 5.0 and 5.5 forum?

Apr 12, 2012 8:46 AM

Shouldn't it have it's own?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to tclark513

CS6 isn't released yet. When it is, the concept of which versions are 'legacy' will update and the forums will get new structures.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:57 AM   in reply to tclark513

I think CS 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 will always have a lot in common. They may just keep things as is for now.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to medeamajic

why stop at cs6 ? cs7 and 8 will no doubt have some connection with previous versions re: legacy and continuity, downward compatibility ?

its like going through that time warp thing on tv ...star gate ?... go back or ahead in time and yap about whats up etc. have fun. go on facebook and share stuff !

I wrote this script today just for this thread.....

ext /day

sc 1

long shot

Bob walks down street and goes into a storefront which has a sign on it that says, " EDITOR OF THE FUTURE "

Store Clerk : " Can I help you ? "

Bob: " Yes, I understand you have a program that is not released yet called CS6. I was wondering if you could find it in your heart to give me a copy of the program so I can get a head start on all the new features ? "

Store Clerk: " No, I'm sorry sir, but that program hasn't been released."

Bob: " When you say " released" do you mean like when you set free a wild animal that has been cooped up in captivity, due to some problem with it's health, and now you are going to release it back into the wild ? "

Store Clerk: " No, we mean it hasn't been released because it doesn't exist yet."

Bob: " Oh. OK, see you later."

Bob walks out of store and hails a cab, and

cross dissolve to

Sc 2

Ext /Day

Tight shot of Bob checking his mailbox for news about Adobe CS6

etc

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:41 PM   in reply to able123

Good one Rod.

That last line of him checking his mail box reminds me of those 4G LTE commercials where everyone is seeing things so fast its like looking at the past.

CS6 does look good.

GLenn

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:44 PM   in reply to Powered by Design

And it feels good, too. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:27 PM   in reply to lasvideo

@ las

Are you able to comment on how long you were able to get a sneek peek at CS6 or is that under the NDA ?

Was is just Premiere or other programs too ?

GLenn

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 12:16 AM   in reply to Powered by Design

Participants in prereleases cannot say anything about the programs. What happens in beta, stays in beta.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:05 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

The sneak peak included many of the programs in the Production Premium.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to tclark513

We always see this discussion whenever a new version comes out. For a while CS4 and CS5 were together, and then came a time when it was better to put CS4 in with the older versions. Not everyone liked that. At some point maybe CS6 will be separated into its own forum. if the number of posts on that version warrant it. What we recommend, no matter how the forums are structured, is that posters make it clear which version they are talking about.

tclark513 wrote:

Shouldn't it have it's own?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to Jerry Klaimon

Most product forums don't split by version number at all. I'd greatly prefer to not splinter this forum even further.

The reason for splitting between CS4 and CS5 is that CS4 and earlier have more and different problems than CS5 and later... and that's largely what we talk about on these forums.

Yes, CS6 has many new features, but I don't foresee it adding noise in terms of troubleshooting.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points