I know the final date is not announced yet, but does someone have a clue or estimate? It's kind of important for planning future projects and what NLE to use. Thanks
I'd say the same thing...keep an eye out for this weekend or early next week. I don't know for certain, but I'd be willling to bet they're launching the products during NAB and they'll be available for purchase immediately. That has been the case for a couple of releases now.
Box product might not ship for another few weeks, however.
This was stated by the OP in an effort to encourage speculation.
Well, in that case I make a very accurate estimate - I can't be wrong, I guarantee you - somewhere between NAB 2012 and NAB 2013. If you want an even more tight period, I can say with confidence, between NAB 2012 and IBC 2012. For the rest it is all fruitless speculation, so why not wait and see?
Speculation being discouraged? Hrm...sorry, I must be on the wrong Internet.
Adobe already committed to a 12 month release schedule....full updates followed 12 months later by half updates, followed 12 months later by full updates. This cycle was put into place 12 months ago, but perhaps the OP wasn't aware of this (probably not, judging by the low post count).
Likewise, Adobe already stated "Q2 2012" many times in the last 24 hours, and it's all over the pre-release documents, so I can go a step further than IBC 2012 and say I can guarantee it'll be available before the June 5th CS6 Production Premium Roadshow stop in NYC.
Sooooooooooo......just trying to be helpful. It's possible he's ready to buy his first professional NLE but needs to be ready to cut in 5 weeks, and wants to know whether to plan on having CS6 loaded by then or if he's stuck buying iMovie Pro instead (see what I did there?). In short, there might actually be a reason for someone to not want to wait and see beyond a certain point, or to be precluded from even the opportunity to wait and see. So I give the best speculative answer I can, with the OP acknowledging up front that he realizes no user on these boards can be certain (at least openly, at this time). Thus I gave the best "clue or estimate" I could, as requested by the OP.
The OP is trying to make a purchase decision or at least lay out a timetable. Nothing wrong with that. I don't know his reasons, or the fullness of his need for this answer, just trying to answer his question without adding a lot of my own opinion (though I realize that also flies directly in the face of Internet Forum Participation Code #42.18.A38...I'll be sure to arrive on time for my court appointment and bring a proper barrister).
Adobe's current promotion is to purchase CS5.5 now and get CS6 at no cost when available, and the promo ends May 6 if that is any indication of things to come.
For those not owning CS5.5, the quickest route to getting CS6, and maybe saving some money as well, might be to get CS5.5 now (full or upgrade) and if you go for the licensing (electronic) version, then the CS6 download is automatically applied to your account when ready, versus "applying for" the CS6 upgrade from your boxed version which might delay the process, since you can't apply online for the upgrade until after CS6 begins shipping. North America customers will get the CS6 download, while Europe and Asia Pacific customers will get a boxed upgrade, please see link:
Safe Harbor Computers