Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can I click on a person's photo and have their biography (jpg) pop up and grey out the screen behind

Apr 12, 2012 2:30 PM

What I want to do is shown in this website.   http://fmwlaw.biz/attorneys.php  Click on any attorney photo. Can this be done in Muse? If so, how? I tried using the Lightbox widget, but I may be missing a step. Thanks, David

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 9:52 PM   in reply to dfirszt

Yes, the lightbox composition is able to do this. You may be running into trouble by trying the lightbox slideshow, which requires the thumbnail and slide to be identical (the lightbox composition doesn't have this restriction). Set the thumbnail to the photo of the person, and place the biography image in the corresponding lightbox slide.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 1:29 PM   in reply to dfirszt

Hi David,

There is a difference between the composition widgets and the slideshow widgets. The slideshow widgets have the "Add Images" option, and they automatically keep track of thumbnails for you. The composition widgets (lightbox composition included) are much more free form, but don't take care of linking thumbnails to slides automatically.

In your case, using a lightbox composition will work well. Here's some steps:

- Place a lightbox composition

- Drag the attorney's profile picture image into one of the thumbnail areas

- Drag the biography image into the slide for that profile picture

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Colby

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to Colby Ausen

Hi David,

You may also would like to check this small video that I have made to demonstrate how this can be done, check here, http://project02.businesscatalyst.com/jing/2012-04-14_0204.swf

I have used the images from your example for demonstration purpose only.

Regards,

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:04 PM   in reply to dfirszt

If I understand you correctly, you can uncheck "Show lightbox parts while editing." This will hide the lightbox portion to make editing easier. As for your other question, can you please create another post so that we can address it there specifically?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points