Skip navigation
fludgling
Currently Being Moderated

Where do i find dreamweaver's crash logs?

Apr 12, 2012 8:12 PM

I found this info but it leads to a dreamweaver folder which is empty, and a dreamweaver cs5 folder which doesnt have any crash logs. I would greatly appreciate having a log available as im troubleshooting a site that has a tendecy to crash dreamweaver. As it would be noted, i am using dw cs5 on windows 7.

5. Gather important background information  

#

If the problem only occurs with Dreamweaver, answering the following questions may help you, Dreamweaver forum members, or support staff to isolate the problem:

• Did Dreamweaver ever work or has the problem always been present?
  • If the problem just started occurring, did anything change on the computer? For example, did you install any new software, hardware, drivers or Windows Updates? Was your computer affected by any of the following: virus, power outage, or physical trauma?
  • Is there an error message associated with the problem? If so, write down the exact text of the error message and any error numbers. Some error messages may help support staff or forum participants identify the problem quicker.
  • If you are working in a group environment (for example, an office or a school), do other computers in your work group have the same problem?
  • Look for any Dreamweaver crash logs in one of the following locations. If you contact technical support, they may ask you to send these logs. Crash logs were introduced in Dreamweaver MX 2004, so this step doesn't apply to Dreamweaver MX (version 6) and earlier.

• Dreamweaver CS3 on Windows Vista:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\CrashLogs

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 11:11 PM   in reply to fludgling

You may want to check your DreamWeaver Install location. And just so you know, Dreamweaver CS5 is Dreamweaver Version 11, not 9. So, no wonder the the filepath you read shows empty as you do not have CS3.

You may also want to check your Windows OS Error Logs/ Event Viewer for any details of application crash history.

Alternatively, assuming you're a licensed Dreamweaver user, you could contact Adobe Support directly with your issue.

Trust this helps. Let us know what comes up.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points