Skip navigation
Michael Salewych
Currently Being Moderated

Will Premiere Pro CS4 Work With Encore CS5?

Apr 12, 2012 7:17 PM

Sending Sequence via Dynamic Link to Encore but nothing shows up! I'm woundering if its because of the two different Suites?

Anybody know?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 8:21 PM   in reply to Michael Salewych

According to other messages I've read, dynamic link only works within the same version, not across versions

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Michael Salewych

You may, of course, export video files from CS4 and then import those files into Encore CS5

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to Michael Salewych

You should at least be seeing Encore CS4. Is that not so?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to Jerry Klaimon

You should at least be seeing Encore CS4.

In the dynamic link selection box? Or did you mean seeing Encore CS5?

Michael, my question is what product you have? CS4 and CS5 suites? And PR CS5 sends the sequence to EN CS5?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

No not as a specific DL selection. Only the "Encore" wil show as a destination, but from Pr CS4 the DL should open Encore CS4. When OP said "nothing shows up" it's not clear if there is no Encore destination available, or if there is an Encore destination but nothing happens when that is selected, or does Encore CS4 open but not Encore CS5.

Stan Jones wrote:

In the dynamic link selection box? Or did you mean seeing Encore CS5?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 3:08 PM   in reply to Michael Salewych

Ah. If you are making DVDs from SD material, dynamic link gets relatively few complaints. I would fix your install. You "might" be able to reinstall Encore CS4, then do a repair install of CS5, but I might bite the bullet and deactivate, uninstall, clean, reinstall, etc.

If you are doing DVDs from HD material, there are enough complaints, that I would just do what John was suggesting: do your transcoding from PR/AME and use EN CS5.

FYI, my apologies for confusing things in my post 5 response to Jerry. I briefly was thinking you were going from PR CS5 to EN CS4.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to Michael Salewych

When you install CS5 on a non-64 bit machine,  I believe Pr CS4 is automatically installed instead of Pr CS5, and this Pr should work normally with the Encore CS5. So you should have removed all of your previous CS4 installation and used only the CS5 install.

I'm not sure that the old Pr CS4 won't also work witn Encore CS5, but a complete uninstall of everything and a reinstall of all CS5 apps, as Stan suggested, seems to be the first thing you should try. If you still cannot DL to Encore then it is some another issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points