Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to call php function from CF?

Apr 13, 2012 12:13 AM

Hello,

Since the MSSQL driver isn't compiled in my PHP installation, I can't connect to a SQL Server database from PHP.

Therefore, I have created a SQL Server connection in my CF Admin page and I've created a small script that's reading records from the SQL Server database and inserting/updating my table in MySQL.

Now, owing to UTF-8 encoding, I've created another function in PHP that actually reads the synchronised records and updates them into UTF-8 e.g. for french accents, etc.

The above situation works great, however, there are 2 files actually -

1. 1 CF-file to read from SQL Server and insert into MySQL (readFromMSSQL.cfm)
  2. 1 PHP-file to read the inserted records and update them using UTF-8 encoding (updateData.php)

Ideally, every time I lauch the application (which runs mainly on PHP), it should synchronise the SQL Server and the MySQL databases so that data is consistent.

Now, I'm having 2 files for that matter.

How do I

1. either call the PHP function or PHP-file from my cfm file? Ideally. This is because I can then create a scheduled task in my CF Admin and make it run e.g. every morning.
  2. or call my cffunction from my PHP-file?

So that, in the end, I only need to call 1 single file which does everything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Yogesh Mahadnac.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 9:25 AM   in reply to YogeshM

Make this:

Therefore, I have created a SQL Server connection in my CF Admin page and I've created a small script that's reading records from the SQL Server database and inserting/updating my table in MySQL.

a webservice that you can call from php.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 1:21 AM   in reply to YogeshM

Use just one database: MySQL in UTF-8 encoding. Then ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, .NET, or whichever, may connect to it, update it or read from it. MySQL doesn't know which is which, and doesn't care.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points