Skip navigation
applefan6
Currently Being Moderated

Serial number not working, not disk doesn't work (mac copy)

Apr 13, 2012 1:44 AM

I've just brought a new Mac Mini installed my Photoshop CS3 onto it. When I opened the application my serial number wouldn't work because I've used it too many times. My last computer crashed, so I can't take Photoshop off it. I followed a tutorial which had two options:

1. reset the clock on your computer uninstall and re-install.

2. delete the following folders in /Library/Application Support/Adobe: Adobe PCD, backup and caps. And re-install

Now when I try to install Photoshop CS3 it doesn't even install! There is a cross instead of a tick next to everything. I've tried repair disk in Disk Utilities, and I was told that there was nothing wrong with the CD.

Is there a way to fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 1:58 AM   in reply to applefan6

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6. Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:14 AM   in reply to applefan6

Now you are not even able to install the software and gettingthe red cross as soon as enter your serial number.

hence follow this step:-

1)  Run the cleaner tool for CS3 , www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

2) delete the files ;- /Library/Application Support/Adobe: Adobe PCD, backup and caps

3) Re-install the software ,

let us know if the software gets installed ,

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:32 AM   in reply to applefan6

This has to be resetted by Adobe only...hence this is the chat link which will help you contact Adobe support ,

Just let them know what happened and they will reset the activation count.

chat link:- http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:44 AM   in reply to applefan6

Sure....No problem.....Hopefully everything will be fine and you will be able to use your photoshop

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points