Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Save or Print Embedded PDFs From IE9

Apr 13, 2012 8:15 AM

I have a machine that is having difficulty saving or printing embedded PDF’s from web pages. Embedded meaning that the PDF is displayed in a reader window, within a web page. I am able to view the PDF without any problem however if I try and click the Save button, nothing happens. If I try to print the PDF, the browser crashes.

This is a Windows 7 32-bit machine with IE 9 installed. I am also using Acrobat Pro 10.1.2. I have tried repairing Acrobat without any success, as well as uninstalling/reinstalling without any success. I am able to open PDF documents stored locally as files without any problem, and I am also able to open PDF documents from other websites that are simply links without any problem. I have tried disabling the Display PDF is Browser setting, but that only produces a red X in the placeholder for the embedded PDF. I get the same results if I log into this computer as another user. I have other computers with identical software installed that are working just fine without a problem.

Anyone else having problems saving embedded PDF documents from websites? I am stumped as to why this happens or how to fix it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 7, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to Lane McMullen

I am having a similar issue only with ADP pay statements that are embedded.  I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, installed Adobe XI, installed an older version.  When we click print first the reader crashes and then IE9 crashes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points