Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PE 10 Archive not trimming clips

Apr 13, 2012 2:43 PM

Tags: #problem #premiere_elements_10

From the PE 10 Help manual

"Archive Project - Creates a folder containing a new project file, and a new clip for each clip used in the original Timeline or Sceneline at its edited length. The trimmed project includes up to 30 frames of extra footage, called handles, before the In point and after the Out point of each trimmed clip for minor adjustments you may want to make after archiving the project."

I am using Premiere Elements 10 on a Windows system (XP) and using "archive" (and the archive option within archive) it is not trimming clips at all, it simply copies the full clip to the archive folder. This is extremely wasteful of disc space and is not what is described in the above cut from the manual which is what one would expect an archive function to do (trim clips plus handles). Why not and is there any way around this.

Cheers

Andrew

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to Andrew Hall NZ

Andrew,

This a bit of a guess, as I use Project Manager in PrPro, and it has some major differences.

I suspect that you have a large Clip, or Clips, and have used Instances of that/those on the Timeline. Is that the case?

If you had discrete, separate Clips, that had been Trimmed, in either the Source Monitor, or on the Timeline, then those would be Trimmed, with X Frames as Handles.

Discrete Clips are different than Instances of a larger "master Clip."

Maybe someone else will chime in, and either validate my thoughts, or tell us both, where I am going wrong.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to Andrew Hall NZ

Andrew,

That probably blows my theory then.

Thank you for reporting,

Hunt

|
    Mark as: