Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Couple of Dumb Questions

Apr 13, 2012 1:50 PM

In Camera RAW I have a bunch of camera profiles I would like to remove, and for the life of me I cannot seem to dind them on my system. I am running Vista 32 Bit. These are all Nikon profiles.

Second question to do with DNG. I have been making some custom profiles using Colorchecker Passport and so far pleased with the results. It does not work on native RAW only DNG files. So fired up DNG 6.7 Beta and converted a number of NEF's to DNG. In doing this I loaded up some more NEF files and hit convert and it not only converted the NEF files but also the DNG files in the same folder. Is this normal behavior to convert a DNG to a DNG?

Cheers

Mike

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 2:26 PM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

Are you talking about camera profiles YOU have made or the ones that came with Camera Raw? I don't suggest trashing the vendor matching. In terms of your custom profiles, there are saved in C:]\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles (note you'll have to make sure you have show hidden folders to find it).

And yes, they's nothing wrong with the concept of processing a DBG into a newer DNG, you can do that to update the DNG to a new DNG spec with new features. However, you do NOT have to convert to DNG to USE a DNG profile, only to MAKE a DNG profile. Once made, you can apply it to any raw file that came from your camera...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 2:43 PM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

I gave you the location for the Passport saved custom user profiles...here's where you go for the Adobe provided DNG profiles: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points