• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to control whether a TOC book is expanded or collapsed by default when the CHM opens?

Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate a Microsoft HTML Help layout, when the Help window opens, the Contents pane defaults to expanding the first book in my TOC so that all the topic titles in that book are displayed, and the remaining books are all collapsed. Is there some way to control this default behavior? I have three books in my TOC and there are only two to three topics in each, so I would like it to default to expanding ALL the books by default, not just the first one. I can't seem to find any options that will let me control this. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Unfortunately there has never been a way I'm aware of to configure things so that all books are expanded when the help loads up. As you are using the Microsoft CHM viewer to view the content, it would require re-writing the CHM viewer to behave differently. That's Microsoft territory and they haven't really put any effort into updating the CHM viewer in a few years.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply, Rick!!! I guess Microsoft better get on the ball and update their CHM viewer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp