Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Community Help

395 $ pour publier un seul titre ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 3:27 AM   in reply to Community Help

When buying a single edition and it's all uploaded to apple store etc....is it then possible to update with new content or does one have to pay another 'single edition' fee?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 3:59 AM   in reply to pk@paulknights

You have to buy another one

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to pk@paulknights

For new content you’d need to create a new app. For small changes like typos, you’d be able to fix it and resubmit it.

FWIW, at some point this year, Single Edition apps will be included in Creative Cloud.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Bob, you say that this might work for small typos. But how do you go about? Viewer Builder will still ask you for a serial before you can download the app, it doesn't check the included zip to see if there has been a change yes or no (even if it's just a typo)?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to Bart Van de Wiele

I’ve had to make a change myself to a client’s app (before it was submitted to Apple) and just did it.

I really don’t know how things work behind the scenes.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 5:29 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Ok thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 5:34 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

>FWIW, at some point this year, Single Edition apps will be included in Creative Cloud

Yeah, the 'at some point' still worries me... Many already pay their CC supscription but still no Single Edition...  Sigh...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 6:38 AM   in reply to Community Help

Please. I need know if after i buy the Single Edition i need to pay another fee for the downloads or once i but the Single Edition i get unlimited download for the app?

Thx

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2012 6:40 AM   in reply to Welddar

With Single Edition, you do not pay download fees. Download fees apply only to multi-issue apps created by Pro and Enterprise customers.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to Welddar

There are no download charges if you opt for DPS Single edition since the content is embedded inside the App, and Adobe does not host your Folio or content.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to Himanshu Singh

Himanshu,

Is there any hope of creative cloud subscription or purchase of single edition here in India ? Otherwise there's no point for me keep pursuing this technology sitting here in India. Please reply, i am giving my precious time learning and keeping updates with dps and edge.

Thanks

Bhaskar

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to Bhaskar J Lahkar

@Bhaskar : Presently, No, however in future Creative clould membership should be available in India. Keep a track on Adobe India Store : http://shop.adobe.com/in

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 6:00 AM   in reply to Himanshu Singh

Thanks Himanshu..... thats encouraging to keep my HEAD deeeeeeeep into the folios....

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 9:25 PM   in reply to Community Help

I'm running a small Digital publishing business. I've searched everywhere in Adobe site and DPS single edition pages, and still cannot find the answer to a basic question:

Suppose I want to publish a science book, and I've already paid for my Apple Developer License. Then I pay DPS single edition fee of $395 for publishing that science book.

After that, I want to publish, let´s say an Interactive novel.

Should I pay once again the $395 fee, for that novel?

Simply put: Every time I want to publish something I need to pay again and again?

Is there any way for small publishers to pay only once ( Let's say a month or a year subscription ) and then publish any given number of issues? Are there more costs associated to that?

Please advice. I'd really appreciate!

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to fabrizio roberto

Single Edition apps will added to Creative Cloud sometime this year...in the meantime, yes, you pay $395 for each. Other choice if you're going to be doing a lot of these would be a pro account at 595/month.

These are US prices. I don't have rates for other countries handy.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 1:41 PM   in reply to fabrizio roberto

@ Fabrizio : If you intend to publish regularly, you can opt for DPS Professinal. Using Professional Edition you get an option to Publish on Google Play and Amazon Appstore as well. For pricing details, visit this link: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-publishing-suite-family.html?pro moid=JOLIU, You may also contact your nerest reseller if you intentend to purchase a DPS Pro Annual contract : http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-publishing-suite-pro/buying-guid e-resellers.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Is there a date for when Single Edition will be added to Creative Cloud?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to Isabel Work

Sometime this year.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to Isabel Work

Finally Single Edition is available on the Creative Cloud Subscription. Great news!

But there is on thing that I don't hear much news about: is there any plans to have Single Edition for Android and smartphones? I read on some other post that there was a limitation on the size of the Android Apps, but that this limitation does not exist anymore. Now Android Apps can be as big a 4Gb (if I'm correct).

I am missing some opportunities here in Brazil because some clients really want to publish their apps for Android tablets, since the majority of their clients have an Android device. Even with the iPad being a more stable platform and being the best selling DEVICE, Android OS has a bigger market share.

Regarding the smartphones, some apps really make sense for these devices (like schedules for shows, events, list of exhibitors...) because they are the ones you allways have with you.

Diego

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to Community Help

if I build an app with a PC in indesign can I upload it via a Mac with the Folio producer?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to Jharris494

Yes. I do all of my InDesign work in Windows.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 12:48 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

Thank you Bob, I recently signed up with an Agregator that just increased their price by several hundred % this last week, and their customer service has much to be desired, that's all I need to know, thank you, I have decided, to go with DPS.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points