Skip navigation
noscreennameavbl
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop 10 shuts down by itself.

Apr 14, 2012 7:39 AM

When I launch photoshop or Premiere for that matter, everything looks normal. When I move on to open the organizer it opens...for a few seconds, then shut down completely (photoshop that is) I can open the edit secion, but after the shut down, I need to reeboot the PC in order for me to start it again, but only to see the same thing happend again...I changed the setting so photoshop would by default open in the organizer, but since it shuts down, now I can't evenm change back the setting so I can access the edit section, as it shuts down on me before I can blink !  I am running on Windows 7, and it has not previously given me problems. I am afraid to reinstall the whole thing as I am worried I will loose my pictures. Any bright ideas anyone ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to noscreennameavbl

Bypass the Unwelcome Screen by creating Desktop shortcuts for the Organizer and the Editor, and restarting your computer.

The Editor's executable is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 10\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"

The Organizer's executable is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe"

The Unwelcome Screen leaves a zombie process running which prevents the actual program from launching again.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 3:08 PM   in reply to noscreennameavbl

Are you opening the photo by selecting it in the Organizer, and using "Edit with PSE"?

Can you open and use the Editor from the new shortcut?

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 5:18 AM   in reply to noscreennameavbl

Hi,

Check out http://bit.ly/IFV1gK if it helps in some way. This lists some of the basic troubleshooting steps for Organizer.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to noscreennameavbl

That's a interesting thought about the video files.  A couple of things to try:

1. When you can get the Organizer to start, use the Catalog Manager to repair, then optimize the catalog.
    2. Delete the videos from the catalog (and not from your drive) to see if they're causing the problem.

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points