Skip navigation
mglenn@ptd.net
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Acrobat pro ver 10.1.3 Crashes on open or use

Apr 14, 2012 12:17 PM

After the update to Acrobat 10.1.3, now Acrobat crashes as soon as I hit any tab drop down.  It works converting if I convert to PDF a website page or use it during a program to convert to the the printer driver to PDF.  But once that opens and I click File-Save, it closes and shuts down!  I think this update was a bad version?  Anyone have a solution.  I tried to repair.  No change.  I tried to reinstall from disk and it won't as the disc is an earlier version. (Running Win 7 64 bit and with the latest updates)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 4:49 AM   in reply to mglenn@ptd.net

Hi,

Can you please let me know the following details:

1. Are you able to launch any locally saved PDF via Acrobat normally.

2. Whenever you do a File > Save operation, and Acrobat quits, do you see any sort of error message? Or Acrobat just quits abruptly.

3. Do you observe the same behavior when you try and launch the Preferences Panel (Edit > Preferences) or the Print dialog (File > Print).

4. Are you working in a Citrix Environment.

Thanks

Ankit

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:22 PM   in reply to mglenn@ptd.net

Just to summarize, your original issue of abrupt quitting of Acrobat is now resolved automatically and the only issue that remains is for the printer?

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to mglenn@ptd.net

Windows:

1: Update the product, repair the product from the control panel.

2: Move the cache.db file from the location C>Program files or Program files(x86)>Common files>Adobe>Adobe PCD>Cache and mvoe the cache.db file on to your desktop.

3: Close and reopen the applciation, you will get a prompt to enter the serial key, enter it and check if Acrobat is still crasing or not.

4: If the isue still persists then you need to check for the error message in the event viewer ie Start> and type Eventviewer and check the error message under Windows Logs>Applcition>erro which indicated Acrobat.

5: Rename the OOBE folder from the location C>Program files or Program files(x86)>Common files>Adobe>OOBE to OOBE.old and download and install the Adobe applciation manager from the Adobe website and it will work.

Macintosh:

1: Update the product to the latest version.

2: Move the cache.db file from the location Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe >Adobe PCD>Cache and move the cache.db file on to your desktop.

3: Close and reopen the applciation, you will get a prompt to enter the serial key, enter it and check if Acrobat is still crasing or not.

4:Rename the OOBE folder from the location Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe >OOBE and rename it to OOBE.old download and install the Adobe applciation manager from the Adobe website and it will work.

Post on this if you are still facing the same issue.

(Apple made the user library folder hidden by default with the 10.7 release you can access the hidden or the root library by  navigating Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder

In the Go To Folder dialog, type ~/Library and click Go.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points