Skip navigation
val0724
Currently Being Moderated

Conforming

Apr 14, 2012 7:59 PM

I noticed lately in Premiere Elements 10 that when a video is conforming an unexpected error occurs. I don’t do anything with Premiere while it is doing this, I’m not sure if maybe it’s just a bug. The video plays fine in windows media player and all the other players. Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 6:16 AM   in reply to val0724

This usually is an indication that you've got junk files, fragmentation or not enough contiguous free space on your hard drive(s) for the program to do its work. (It could also be that the video is of format that the program can't work with. What model of camcorder is this video from?)

Assuming you've got at least 50-100 gigs of free space on your C drive, I recommend doing a disc cleaning and defragmentation. (The free software Advanced System Care Free from http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html will do a good computer tune-up with a single click.)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to val0724

To get a bit more information on the Conforming process, see this ARTICLE.

The two biggest issues, for failed Conforming are: lack of defragmented free-space on the HDD, where the Scratch Disks (and especially the Media Cache) are located, and the specs. of the original Audio Stream, just as Steve mentions. Let us know how much defragmented free-space you have, and also the specs. of the files' Audio Stream.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to val0724

"AVI," by itself, is almost meaningless. Many different CODEC's can be inside of an AVI "wrapper." See this ARTICLE for more details, plus how to "peek inside" the "wrapper."

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to val0724

Can you recreate the conformed files and see if that helps? To do this clear the media cache. Go to "%appdata%\Adobe\Common\" (Type this with the quotes in the Run Bar) Clear the folders there. Restart PrE10 and see if the confirming happens correctly this time.

If this does not solve the problem, I suggest you re-encode the audio alone. To do this use vlc player. Launch the player, Go to Media->Convert/Save, Click on Add and add this file.

Now click on convevlc_convert.pngrt. This will throw up another window, here click on the icon that is highlighted in the screenshot

In the next screen, go to Audio codec tab and select another format, say mp3 and then re-encode the file. Do not change anything else.

Import the filegenerated from vlc into PRE. This shoul work now. Try and let us know.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points