Skip navigation
Nosferatu1031
Currently Being Moderated

Problem Making Blu Ray DVD in Encore No Menus or Subtitles

Apr 15, 2012 8:46 AM

Hey guys.  I have successfully transcoded my video and audio for my blu ray project, and I have one English subtitle track and three menu pages.

When I preview the project in Encore, the menus and subtitles display perfectly.

However, when I export the project to a Blu Ray folder or a Blu Ray image (I don't have a Blu Ray burner) and play the movie from there, only the video and audio are there.  There are no options to change the subtitles, and no menu is displayed, even though I set the first play to be the main menu and not the timeline.

Can someone please help me with this?  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to Nosferatu1031

What are you using to play it back? I have found that some software players do not handle navigation correctly. I find good results with Total Media Theater 5.

Please post a screenshot of your flowchart.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to Nosferatu1031

Flowchart looks okay. Does the media player give you remote options (e.g. to call up the menu)?

I know we have seen issues like this before, but I thnk many of them were testing on software players.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to Nosferatu1031

I bought my BD burner and an HD TV just for testing. But I have found that TMT5 works pretty well.

If I were you, I'd try the trial for TMT5. There are always risks for conflicting software so YMMV.

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/?gclid=cpsrz-zst68cfqda7aods vmhmq

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 10:13 PM   in reply to Nosferatu1031

This is upto the player how it handles the navigation commands for the Blu-ray. Try using the TMT or the Cyberlink's PowerDVD software player.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 6:07 AM   in reply to Nosferatu1031

Excellent! I have not had any problems with TMT5; I had problems with PowerDVD, but I think they were more related to playing folder builds.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points