Skip navigation
Mackie1244
Currently Being Moderated

Uninstall Lightroom 2.6 after 4.0 installed

Apr 15, 2012 5:42 PM

I downloaded Lightroom 4.0 and upgraded from 2.6, can I safely uninstall 2.6 after 4.0 is installed?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 5:45 PM   in reply to Mackie1244

You should make sure that your LR 2.6 catalog has been converted properly to a LR 4 catalog before you uninstall LR 2.6

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 5:51 PM   in reply to Mackie1244

The awnser to your question is yes. However you may wish to wait a couple of months to see how things work for you with the new version.

There are lots of changes from version 2 to version 4 and its advisable to view some of the free tutorials on the Adobe web site which explain the new features. Better than running into problems as lots of users have done by converting all their files from the older process version to the new process.

http://tv.adobe.com/product/lightroom/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 12:20 AM   in reply to Mackie1244

I would emphasise the advice above. I installed v4 and it correctly created a new catalogue from the 3.5 version. Then I found I had lots of problems with version 4 (not everyone seems to be so afflicted). For me LR4 is on hold, until the problems are fixed, and I'm using 3.5 happily wit its own catalogue. I strobgly advise you to wait until you are completely happy with version 4 before dropping the earlier one. I'm sure it will be fixed in time but at the moment it dosen't work well enough for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:07 AM   in reply to Mackie1244

Also, it's better to use 4.1RC instead 4.0 for catalog upgrading, otherwise you may get hit by this bug.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points