Skip navigation
Doug81966
Currently Being Moderated

I upgraded to Adobe Reader X 10.1.3, why cant I save .pdf now, Win XP Pro

Apr 16, 2012 9:46 AM

Tags: #file #save #x #adobe #windows #xp #won't #disk #full #10.1.3

I upgraded to Adobe Reader X 10.1.3.

Now I can't save pdfs to disk.

It is always telling me disk full or protected.

I am using XP pro with full admin rights.

Reading boards here I see no Firefox support so I even tried IE 8 thinking maybe browser. Nope same deal.

Ahh wait let's try saving to other folders on c:\drive no, let's try usb stick, that works. But don't always have stick.

would like to save to my pdf specific file on c:\drive

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to Doug81966

Hello Doug, I think there is still a bug with 10.1.3. To get rid of this, drag the mouse in the lower part of the PDF in your browser ; then a gray rectangle appears, with a disk icon at the left : click to save your document. You can also click the right icon of the gray rectangle (Acrobat logo), and a new bar appears at top of PDF with icons you can click. This works on Mac and W7 ; I have not XP.

HTH

Querys.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 11:46 PM   in reply to Doug81966

Hi Doug,

It would seem like an issue with the user account permissions. To confirm the same, could you try the following:

1. Access the URL in Firefox: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/enterprise-administration-acrobat-pr oducts.html

2. Right click on the "Enterprise Administration Guide" link and click on "Save Link As..."

3. In the window that pops up, chose the Detination location as C:\ and try to save the file. Are you able to save the file correctly?

4. If not, then it would seem like your account has a permission issue, since Adobe Reader isnt invoved in the above process.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 10:51 PM   in reply to Doug81966

Thanks for trying the steps! It does not seem to be a permission issue.

1. Were you able to save this PDF via the normal route that you follow i.e. saving the PDF after rendering the same.?

2. For any file with which you are facing this error, can you try changing the name of the file to something else and see if you face the same issue?

3. Does the Save As feature work in the Standalone Reader application?

4. Please try and delete all folders (or atleast whatever is possible) from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0 (Assuming you installed the program in the default location). Now repair the installation from within the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

It would be great if you could also let me know which Antivirus software are you using. Does disabling the same help?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points