Skip navigation
PatBall1515
Currently Being Moderated

Cant open PDFs from government websites with Adobe Reader X 10.1.3.

Apr 16, 2012 11:38 AM

Have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Keep getting "Opening 16.8Kb/0.0Kb" (for example) on a gray screen.  Refresh doesn't help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 11:39 PM   in reply to PatBall1515

Please let is know the OS you are working on, the browser being used to view the PDFs.

Also, it would be great if you could point us to any such PDF URL which is causing this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:27 PM   in reply to PatBall1515

I went to the link you posted and opened each PDF on that page.  Some take a very long time to open, others are more quick.

It appears that all these documents are rather large in size (between 5MB and 20MB); so either their server is too slow to handle it, or their Internet connection is inadequate.  (One of the docs I started downloading some 15 minutes ago is still incomplete.)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:20 PM   in reply to PatBall1515

Thanks for the information.

The links are opening at my end without any issues. I second what Pat has said above, that some of the PDFs are actually large in size and depending on your connection speed may take longer to load in your browser.

You could try launching some small PDFs such as: helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Acrobat_Reader_ReleaseNo te_10.1.3.pdf

and see if you are able to view this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points