Skip navigation
WENDY2912
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro PC with Windows 7 - error mess "Adobe PDF Printer - not available" Help?

Apr 16, 2012 11:52 AM

Just loaded my old Acrobat 7.0 Professional on new PC with Windows 7 - Error message "Adobe PDF Priner not available.  Therefore do not have option of Adobe printer when using Word.

Any ideas as to what  - if anythjing I can do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to WENDY2912

Hi,

Technically acrobat 7 not not designed for windows 7 OS. You can try to install the pdf printer manually but it's not guaranteed :

Click the Windows "Start" menu, select "Control Panel," choose "Hardware and Sound," click the "Add a Printer" link under Devices and Printers.

Click "Next" and select "Local Printer Attached to This Computer."

Remove the check from "Automatically Detect and Install My Plug and Play Printer" and click "Next."

Select "My Documents\\*.pdf (Adobe PDF)" in the port selection drop-down menu and click "Next."

Select the "Have Disk" option and click the "Browse" button to open a dialog box.

Select the "AdobePDF.inf" file located in the AdobePDF folder in your Program Files directory under "Adobe" | "Acrobat 9.0" | "Acrobat" | "Xtras."

Select the first item on the list of Adobe PDF Converter options and click "Next."

Type "Adobe PDF" in the field for a printer name and click "Next."

Wait for two minutes for the system to process the drivers and click "Finish" to close the Add a Printer wizard.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 12:46 PM   in reply to willyjp

Moving this discussion to the Printing & Prepress sub-forum of the Acrobat forum.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points