Skip navigation
Emily Audley
Currently Being Moderated

How to anchor footer layer to bottom of page

Apr 16, 2012 12:11 PM

Tags: #cs5 #anchor #fireworks

I am designing a website through fireworks CS5 for the first time. I have layers like background, footer, and header that are shared layers to all pages. Some of my pages need to be longer than others. I'd like to be able to anchor the footer to the bottom of the page no matter what the height of that page is. Right now if I move the footer layer down on one it moves it on all of them. Is there a way to share everything but the location?

Thanks for your help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to Emily Audley

If by designing your site, you mean creating the look and feel (compared to bulding the actual HTML site) in the form of a prototype, I'd recommmend removing the footer from the shared layer, converting it to a symbol, and then placing the symbol at the desired location for each page inthe mock up.

If you mean you are actually trying to build your final site in Fireworks, STOP. FW is not a web site construction tool, it's a design tool. The kind of thing you are doing, for a final web site, is best done in an HTML editor such as Dreamweaver.

You create your assets in Fireworks, optimize, export and then build your html/css in Dreamweaver, or use tools such as the CSS Properties panel (found on labs.adobe.com) to extract the CSS properties from Fireworks vectors and text, and then incorporate those declarations into your CSS.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points