Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The URL you have provided could not be reached. Please verify that the URL is... Acrobat/SP2010

Apr 16, 2012 1:05 PM

Tags: #acrobat #sharepoint #10 #acrobat_x #acrobat_pro_x #sharepoint_2010

The following error is produced in Acrobat when trying to click version history documents in SharePoint 2010. "The URL you have provided could not be reached. Please verify that the URL is correct and that the network location is reachable." The revision of the document is reachable, but through typical HTTP via a web browser...but not through the SharePoint <==> Acrobat X Pro COM object magic that works fine for currently checked out documents. Please see inserted image. Thoughts on a fix?

error_adobe+.png

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 2:31 AM   in reply to ae22222

reporting that we are experiencing the same issue

we have a drive mapped to the sharepoint shared documents and opening from that gives the error

The URL you have provided could not be reached. Please verify that the URL is correct and that the network location is reachable.

get exactly the same error from the sharepoint website

get the error accessing sharepoint from:

http://sharepoint

https://sharepoint

http://sharepoint.domain.name

https://sharepoint.domain.name

both via web and using those URLs for the path for the drive mapping

Adobe ifilter 9 installed and search service works etc

xml updated and working fine, icon appears correctly etc

webdav not installed on server

Microsoft fix KB907306 installed

definitely effects all systems with Acrobat X installed

can't test with acrobat 9 as we have redirected profiles so we then run into that joy where acrobat just dies because of roaming appdata

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to Trundlore

I need help

Recently Upgrades Computers (Both hardware and Software) currently have the following problems with Adobe Acrobat 9/X Standard.THe company is in need of even more computers but thes e issues are holding them back.

Note all Older systems currently run XP and Acrobat 9 Standard have in issues or printing problems.

Recently 2 New Workstations (WS1 and WS2) were added to the network (Running Windows 7(r2), Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business, and Adobe Acrobat Standard (WS1 has been reverted back to Adobe Acrbat 9 Standard  (with undates to 9.3.3.2 after tranfering the license over from an older Workstaion that was replaced / and WS2 has Abode X)

Both Machines are having issues printing PDF Files with Data Fields the data field display properly in print preview but the print out prints Corrupted Data Jibber Jabber.

The Adobe X (WS2) additionally has an issue directly accessing Abode files from the Server Sharepoint folders - URL issue.png

no issies with any other File formats. (Ex. Word - Excell) Just PDFs.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, I have read a dozen post on the issue but no resolution.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to jwaart5126

Older systems have NO Issues printing or accessing files.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to jwaart5126

SharePoint support began with 10.0.

Ben

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to ae22222

FYI: We have no "support engineers." We have support and we have engineers. Many folks in a wide variety of roles monitor these forums based on interest, a willingness to volunteer, and other reasons.

Sounds like you have this issue under investigation already through other channels.

Ben

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to brogers_1

Broger, I actually got a hold of Adobe Support and was able to get them to offer support.... Issue being I was at home working remotely today and did not have access to the SP server., so they offered if I call them in the Am they will call back when I have sever access to check on the issues. If I get a responce I will call back like they did today. I will repost tomorrow if I have anything worth wild to add,

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to jwaart5126

Any news about how to solve this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to ae22222

Upgrading to Adobe Reader XI resloved this problem for us.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 2:15 PM   in reply to ae22222

I have a user that continues to get this error when she attempts to open any PDF files on SharePoint in excess of roughly 10MB. She has Adobe Reader XI installed as well as Internet Explorer 9. It matters not whether we use different versions of Adobe, or Browsers. So I am at a loss as to what to do here.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 2:48 PM   in reply to ae22222

This just started happening to us too. The PDF files have a funky "belt" or lock icon on them in the lists. ONLY PDF files won't open and that's the error we get. Any solutions to this found yet?

Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 11:15 PM   in reply to SCPAGLLP

Hi,

This is as per design, for sharepoint non- premises  server there is no provision to set the default application which is invoked when the document is clicked.

With on-premises servers this setting can be done via "DocIcon.xml " file

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 9:51 AM   in reply to SCPAGLLP

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 10:43 AM   in reply to Sabian Zildjian

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 1:13 AM   in reply to ae22222

Have you gotten a response from Adobe on this issue yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 9:11 AM   in reply to bigfeta1

No. And I don't care about the icons. I want to be able to open the PDFs. Right now I still can't do that. The icon could be a purple unicorn and I'd be happy if the PDF would then open when requested.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to SCPAGLLP

Which version of Acrobat/Reader you are using?

There is an entry point for Sharepoint in Acrobat 11.0 as from Open Dialog Box.

You can open the file as File Menu-> Open Dialog -> Open from Online Account -> Enter the Sharepoint URL

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 5:08 AM   in reply to SCPAGLLP

I've now done some testing on a windows 7 machine.

I tried several versions ov Adobe Reader and saw there were specific versions that failed:

• Adobe Reader  9.5.0 works
    • Adobe Reader  9.5.4 works
    • Adobe Reader 10.1.0 works
    • Adobe Reader 10.1.1 works
    • Adobe Reader 10.1.2 does not work
    • Adobe Reader 10.1.4 does not work
    • Adobe Reader 10.1.6 does not work
    • Adobe Reader 11.0.0 works
    • Adobe Reader 11.0.2 works

Interestingly the error started occurring at the same time Adobe Reader started giving the opportunity to check out and open documents from SharePoint in the client application. This I will leave for any Adobe support representatives to respond to if they want, but for me, the solution was to downgrade/upgrade my Adobe Reader X.

Let me know if this works for anybody else!

Message was updated by: bigfeta1 - added more version numbers

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to bigfeta1

Adobe Reader 11.0.2 does not work for me.  I have attempted a re-install of adobe reader.  We are using SP2010.  This was not always a problem and has happened recently within the last 30 days.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 7:24 AM   in reply to mktmp

I have recently encountered this issue as well.  It's odd because I don't have problems opening PDF's on SharePoint in one Web Application site but I do on another Web Application site.  We're using SharePoint Server 2013, IE 9, and I have Adobe Pro 11.0.2.  I have found something interesting however.  By default, I've been using IE 32-bit so for giggles, I opened IE 64-bit and I was then able to open up PDF's on the web application site that was giving me trouble.  As I mentioned, I've always been using the 32-bit browser which hasn't given me errors for PDF's on my other Web application sites so I'm not sure what is different in this newly created Web Application that won't open PDF's when I'm using IE 32-bit.  I'll post back if I have more info.  Not all our users are on 64-bit so I need to figure out a resolution here. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to SGomie

I am not 100% sure if I am using the x64 or x32 because the Internet explorer about doesn't say.  My pc is x64 windows 7.  Either way what is really strange is that if I browse to the file through the library or windows explorer view I get the error.  If I use sharepoint search to find the same file it opens fine.  If I open the file through an URL hyperlink stored in an infopath form it also opens just fine.  So this is not just happening because the file is stored in sharepoint but something to do with the way it is being accessed.  I did modify the sharepoint doclon.xml file which did not help (although our server may NOT have been rebooted in the meantime).  There is at least one other user here with this problem, I don't know if all have this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 8:07 AM   in reply to mktmp

Oh, I see.  I wasn't even trying it via Windows Explorer.  I just mapped to the location, tried to open the PDF and I get the same error that I get when trying to open through IE.  I also noticed that when I'm using IE 32-bit, if I right-click the PDF and click 'Open' or 'Open in New Tab', it opens fine!!  I'm about to go bananas over here; so frustrating!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 2:17 AM   in reply to SGomie

Hi SGomie,

Sorry for the inconvinent caused. Can you please try the following workflow and let me know the results

From Acrobat/Reader -> File Menu-> Open Dialog -> Open from Online Account -> Enter the Sharepoint URL

These information would be really helpful to us, to track the issue.

Thanks!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 2:18 AM   in reply to mktmp

Hi mktmp,

Sorry for the inconvinent caused. Can you please try the following workflow and let me know the results

From Acrobat/Reader -> File Menu-> Open Dialog -> Open from Online Account -> Enter the Sharepoint URL

These information would be really helpful to us, to track the issue.

Thanks!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to Kriti Poddar

Hi Kriti,  Thanks for your assistance but the web application that I was experiencing this issue on has since been deleted and we haven't been experiencing it on our other web applications.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 11:42 PM   in reply to SGomie

SGomie, Thanks for replying.

Actually we where trying to replicate the issue at our end, we can see the issue on Acrobat 10.1.2 but for Acrobat 11.0.2 the issue cannot be replicated.

It would be nice if you can answer few of my queries

1. Was the issue faced with other document like .docx file of was specific to .PDF file.?

2. Which exact workflow you were using in which you got error?

3. When you say "Web Application", was it some special setup you were using ?

Thanks!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 5:47 AM   in reply to Kriti Poddar

Hi Kriti,

In adobe reader I clicked open, Open from Online account was selected and I pasted a url to a pdf file that resides within sharepoint into the File Name field and clicked open.  I recieved the same error.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to mktmp

Mktmp, Thanks for the reply.

Is the issue same with other applications i.e Docx file give same error?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 5:57 AM   in reply to Kriti Poddar

No.  So far it appears to be unique to pdf files.  I tested a word document and could open it just fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:01 AM   in reply to mktmp

Mktmp, Thanks A lot.

Actually we where trying to replicate the issue at our end, we can see the issue on Acrobat 10.1.2 but for Acrobat 11.0.2 the issue cannot be replicated.

Is it that there is some special setup at your end for sharepoint servers?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to Kriti Poddar

We have Adobe 10.1.6 and we are still getting the issue. Users are either going to our other document management system or doing right click, Save Target As . . ., and then opening it from that location from within Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:12 AM   in reply to SCPAGLLP

Hi SCPAGLLP,
    Sorry for the inconvinent caused. This issue can be replicated at our end for Acrobat/Reader 10 .1.6 and we are working on it. I will update the fourm with fixes or workaround soon.

Meanwhile you can update to Acrobat/Reader 11 latest version and let me know if the issue persist.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:17 AM   in reply to Kriti Poddar

We have sharepoint in a farm configuration where the sharepoint application resides on one server (SBS 2011) with the database files, search database etc residing on a SQL server.  Although I feel this is probably fairly standard.  We have no workflow setup.  This problem appears to persist throughout all sharepoint libraries.  This problem only occured more recently (ie it wasn't evident in the past) and really nothing in our sharepoint site collection has changed during that time.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:19 AM   in reply to Kriti Poddar

We use Acrobat Standard and Pro. It would cost us money to upgrade at this point and we usually do that every other year.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:21 AM   in reply to mktmp

Mktmp, Thanks!!

If I am not mistaken, the scenario is like  Acrobat 11.0.2 was working initially and due to something it was non- functional in past few days?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:22 AM   in reply to SCPAGLLP

Ok No issues, I will update you with the details regarding the issue soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to Kriti Poddar

No this has been on going for more than a few days.  Several weeks at minimum.  I just tested with a different user.  They are running windows xp and adobe 11.0.0 and they were able to open the pdf's with no error.  They do check get a checkout dialogue box which could be relevant to the library configuration and why it is failing on a different version/win 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 3:18 AM   in reply to mktmp

Mktmp, Is it like adobe updation resulted this?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points