Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere...does it suck? Yes..

Apr 16, 2012 1:22 PM

I have been using this product about 6 or 7 weeks now and I'm experiencing nothing than trouble with it.

I like the interface, but so many other things really frustrate me.

Problems occur on and off, sometimes it works ok, often it doesn't.

After re-installing things it comes back again, but in time things just detoriate.

The preview in the interface lags, there is not really a good workable flow.

It freezes, or even crashes so now and then.

Sometimes the welcome screen just dissapears after clicking the options.

The saved project won't work anymore, or there are hick ups with it.

Sometimes everything works ok again when I start a new project.

Sometimes it reports errors about formats/codecs or video cards.

My laptop is a Vista Servicepack 1 HP pavillion 9600 dual core and has  all the codecs, Quicktime and driver upgrades of the NVIDIA videocard etc.

It has more then enough free space.

I don't think there is a problem with the laptop, as I formatted it 2 months ago with a fresh Vista install and all the drivers.

I'm not having any problem with other software, only Premiere.

I'm sick of this torturing product and I can't wait to destroy it with a big sledgehammer.

I'll pay another 140 Euro's (again), but this time for a product that really works (so I hear).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 12:49 PM   in reply to deanevo800

So you have a 4-year-old laptop that was probably underpowered when new, and you are trying to run the latest professional software, and you get mad at Adobe if it does not fly? Why not come on here and ask for constructive HELP rather than bashing the product? Adobe CS5.5 is the most powerful, stable version I've worked with to date.

Do you have a dedicated VIDEO drive, or are you working off the C: drive? There are many factors to consider, we don't know the full specs of your laptop.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to deanevo800

I agree with Jeff. You are complaining about an underspecced, underpowered laptop not up to the task and complain it is the software's fault...

That is utterly ridiculous. If you have to haul a 20 ton load up a steep hill using your granny's bicycle, and you can't manage that, whose fault is it? Not the 20 ton load, not the truck it is loaded on, but your bicycle. So please put the blame where it belongs.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 1:34 PM   in reply to deanevo800

[deleted for content]

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 1:35 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

Amusing as your response was, Christian, it was inappropriate.  Sorry.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Ah, I've finally found the Video Lounge upper limit! Should have known it would have somehow had something to do with Adam Sandler.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 4:45 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

>finally found the Video Lounge upper limit!

Gee... and here I thought there was a fund raiser to "raise the roof" by cutting the roof off to add a 2nd floor, and then putting the roof back in place

As for the OP... I have had ZERO problems with CS5... but, of course, I also have a computer strong enough to run the program

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

ROFL. I can confirm from my email link, that it was indeed very funny.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to deanevo800

So you guys are saying that my laptop doesn't meet the requirements to run Adobe Premiere Elements?

You initially posted in the Premiere Pro forum.  I moved the topic to the Lounge because of the inflammatory title and the ranting nature of your first two posts.  If you need help with Premiere Elements, it has its own forum.  I recommend you ask specific questions in that forum and avoid controversial topic titles like this one.

However, if you just want to vent some frustration, this is the place.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 7:30 AM   in reply to deanevo800

Some ideas for a Laptop Video Editing PC from past discussions
    http://www.sagernotebook.com/
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/957472
    http://www.adkvideoediting.com/
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?E dpNo=637440&csid=ITD&recordsPerPage=10#
    -NOTE only 1 hard drive in above, so you will need to add a 2nd drive or use eSata for video files
    -or Google "ASUS G74SX-BBK7" (without the quote "" marks)
    For effective HD video editing, a laptop with the following
    -the newer Intel sandy bridge 2720 or 2820 quad processor
    -and nvidia graphics preferably the 460m, 485m is a bit much
    -1280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0-compatible graphics card
    -and 8 or 16 gig ram and Win7 64bit Pro
    -and 2 internal 7200 HDDs minimum

This message has a really good graphic about requirements
    CS5 Requirements http://forums.adobe.com/thread/810750
    About Requirements http://forums.adobe.com/thread/618058
    Disk Configurations http://forums.adobe.com/thread/878419

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Dang! I missed it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:09 AM   in reply to deanevo800

Which CODEC's are you having issues with?

PrPro and PrElements, both work just fine with a very large array of Video CODEC's, but obviously, not all of them. CODEC's, such as DivX and Xvid, just do not work well, if at all, but those are delivery-only CODEC's, designed for streaming video. They are NOT designed to be edited.

I agree that your laptop is barely adequate.

I will also assume that you only have one physical HDD. Is that correct?

Perhaps list the full details of your laptop, and someone can point out the bottlenecks in the system.

Also, I am a tad confused. Exactly which version of Premiere do you have? If it IS Premiere Elements, then you will want to post to the Premiere Elements Forum, with those full specs. - more detail, the better.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 11:54 AM   in reply to deanevo800

Did you also Delete the BadDrivers.TXT file, and then reboot?

As for forums, this is the Video Lounge, which is for discussion on non-technical subjects, such as scary snakes, etc.

You will get a lot of help in the Premiere Elements Forum, that I linked to. Here, well not so much.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to deanevo800

For Premiere Elements (though a few of the links and tips can apply to PrPro), see this ARTICLE.

For more info on BadDrivers.TXT, see this FAQ Entry in the PrE FAQ sub-form.

I would definitely post to the PrE forum, so that you will get more "eyes" on your problem. The Video Lounge is specifically not for technical issues, and few who hang out here (drinking Rolling Rock and eating stale Yoodles), use PrE, or have any experience with it.

Also, when you do post in the PrE Forum, be sure to give as much info, as is possible. See this ARTICLE for the types of info, that would be so very useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)