Skip navigation
jonaman1
Currently Being Moderated

Turing an illustrator design into vector format

Apr 16, 2012 1:45 PM

Hello,

I recently finished an illustration using both the drawing and pen tool in Illustrator. I have exported the file as a png and have been asked to convert it into a vector format.

How is this done?

Thank you for your time.

J

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to jonaman1

Just Save As and pick PDF as the file type should do it. The file type you chose for the original export is a raster image file which has limits on how it can be used.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to jonaman1

>Also, what is the difference?

Open your PNG with a capable bitmap viewer. Zoom in. Open your original Illustrator file. Zoom in.

Can you see a difference? That is *the* difference between vector and bitmaps.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 9:51 PM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

Ok... so I've saved my images as PDFs... on my website I have dynamically created a list... on the right side of the list are 2 buttons.  Once I got over about 7 items in my list occasionally one of the sets of buttons gets all messed up as seen in the attached pic.... any ideas of what is going on and how to fix it?  Ohhh... and this is only a problem on the IPad-Safari browser.  Iphone it looks fine.... other browsers are mostly NA since I can't get PDFs to display in a lot of the other browsers, so I have a .PNG version for those....   If there is a solution to get the PDF versions working for other browsers that would be great too

PP_bug.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points