Skip navigation
Islandpixie
Currently Being Moderated

Thumbnail Lightbox slideshow in Accordian starts with first image, regadless of trigger

Apr 18, 2012 3:47 PM

I created my lightbox on a separate page and it works just fine.  I placed that same lightbox inside an accordion panel.  Now (only on the first click) it doesn't matter which thumbnail I click on, the first image comes up.  If I close that image and click on another thumbnail, the right image comes up.  I need to get rid of that glitch.  Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 12:04 PM   in reply to Islandpixie

Hi !

Please post a URL for the site you're working with, or create a trial site in Business Catalyst so that we can see the behavior you're describing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to Islandpixie

Unfortunaly I can't help, but I want to say, that your site is really, really cool! Congratulations!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to Islandpixie

Islandpixie,

Thanks for posting this. I've discussed this issue with our engineering team and we are able to recreate the problem you're experiencing. The problem is related to the state of the Accordian panel that holds the Thumbnail slideshow. If the slideshow/lightbox triggers are in a panel that is open on initial view, the large images (the "heroes") will display in the right order. If the slideshow  is nested in an Accordian panel that is initially closed, the first image in the slideshow will appear first regardless of which trigger thumbnail is clicked.

The only workaround we have at this time would be to use the Lightbox Composition widget instead of the Slideshow widget. This widget does not cause the same issue with hero order, however it will be more work to setup your slideshow. It will require you to create your own thumbnails for your triggers, then associate your hero image with the trigger (whereas the Thumbnail slideshow does this automatically). Here's a brief video on working with the Lightbox composition widget: http://muse.adobe.com/video-create-a-lightbox.html

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards

Corey

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points