Skip navigation
shieldagent
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to set the pointer so it  is optimized for lefties?

Apr 17, 2012 3:55 AM

I really like the pointer option, but it is a little annoying having it always trailing my finger rather than preceding it, so I like to change it. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 12:49 PM   in reply to shieldagent

There's aren't options for the graphical pointer that I know of.

If you're using an Android tablet, you could hook up a USB mouse or Bluetooth mouse. (A mouse cursor will appear when you connect a mouse.) You can then use PS Touch as if it was on a desktop.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to shieldagent

Hi Shieldagent,

I'm a leftie too. You are referring to the Show Pointer option at the bottom of the Cut/Copy/Paste/Clear Menu (with the pencil icon) correct? When you're saying trailing rather than preceding it, are you saying you wish you could change the location of the cursor in relation to location of the button for your finger, or are you talking about lag with the tools not keeping up with your movements on the screen?

Using a mouse like Warunicorn describes is an interesting idea, I tried a USB mouse on my iPad2 but it didn't seem to work with my hardware. I got a  "Cannot Use Device, the connected USB device is not supported." message when I tried.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to shieldagent

Well, to be honest, accessories like a Bluetooth keyboard, Bluetooth mouse, Bluetooth speaker, stylus, AC adapter/charger, a couple cables and my tablet all fit neatly into my Case Logic traveling case with room to spare. It's not much bigger than 14" across and looks like a small briefcase. I love it as I don't have to lug everything separately when I'm out and about and it doesn't exactly broadcast that I'm carrying a tablet.

Using a mouse is a tad more precise as well, especially when using elements like the transform tool. I use a mix of input methods; my stylus (for using elements like the brush tool), my fingers (for zooming) and my mouse.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points